LINGUIST List 31.3738
Sat Dec 05 2020
Jobs: Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics: Assistant Professor, Université de Montréal
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Mireille Tremblay <mireille.tremblay.4
Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics: Assistant Professor, Université de Montréal, Québec, Canada E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Université de Montréal
Department: Linguistics and translation
Job Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada
Web Address: https://ling-trad.umontreal.ca/accueil/
Job Title: Neurolinguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics; Bilingualism
The Department of linguistics and translation is seeking applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor. The area of specialization is neurolinguistics, with recognized expertise in the fields of first or second language acquisition or bilingualism.
The appointed candidate will be expected to teach at all three levels of the curriculum, supervise graduate studies, engage in ongoing research and publication, and contribute to the academic life and reputation of the University. This person will also play a leading role in the development of the ‘Language and cognition’ component of our curriculum and in the establishment of interdisciplinary collaboration with other departments of the Faculty as well as in the preparation of courses offered in the programs of other departments of the institution, notably the B.Sc. in cognitive neuroscience.
- PhD in linguistics or related field, with a solid background in fundamental linguistics. Candidates who are still completing their dissertation will also be considered. (Ph.D. candidates who are near completion will also be considered).
- Technical knowledge in at least one field of neuroimaging.
- Excellent publication record in the field.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high-quality university teaching.
- An adequate knowledge of the French written and spoken language or a strong commitment to mastering the proficiency level required, in accordance to Université de Montréal’s Language Policy. An institutional learning support program is offered to all professors wishing to learn French or improve their communication skills.
The application file should contain the following documents:
- A cover letter;
- Application must include in the cover letter one of the following statements: “I am a citizen/permanent resident of Canada.” or “I am not a citizen/permanent resident of Canada”;
- Your curriculum vitae;
- Recent publications or research papers;
- Your teaching philosophy (maximum one page);
- A presentation of your research program (maximum two pages).
- Three letters of recommendation to be sent directly by the referees.
Université de Montréal is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion. Through its Equal Access Employment Program, UdeM invites applications from women, Aboriginal people, visible and ethnic minorities, as well as persons with disabilities. We will –confidentially – adapt our recruitment mechanisms to the specific needs of people with disabilities who request it. We also welcome applications from candidates of all orientations and sexual identities. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadians and permanent residents.
Université de Montréal’s application process allows all members of the Professor’s Assembly to review the application files submitted. If you wish to keep your application confidential until the shortlist is established, please mention it in your application.
Application Deadline: 28-Feb-2021
Email Address for Applications: souad.nahro
Professor and Chair of Department Mireille Tremblay
Page Updated: 29-Jan-2020