LINGUIST List 31.378
Mon Jan 27 2020
Calls: Japanese;Japanese, Old;Japanese Sign Language;Korean;Korean, Middle;Korean, Old;Korean Sign Language;English; General Linguistics/United Kingdom
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Hae-Sung Jeon <HJeon1
The 28th Japanese/Korean Linguistics Conference E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: The 28th Japanese/Korean Linguistics Conference
Short Title: JK28
Date: 07-Sep-2020 - 09-Sep-2020
Location: University of Central Lancashire, Preston, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Hae-Sung Jeon
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/venue-hire/28th-japanese-korean-linguistics-conference.php
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
Subject Language(s): English; Japanese; Japanese Sign Language; Japanese, Old; Korean; Korean Sign Language; Korean, Middle; Korean, Old
Call Deadline: 08-Mar-2020
The Japanese/Korean Linguistics Conference (JK) is the only long-running annual international conference on Japanese and Korean linguistics. It attracts the highest calibre of academic research relevant to one or both languages, including minority languages and sign languages. As in previous JK conferences, JK28 invites papers on, for example, phonology, phonetics, morphology, syntax, semantics, historical linguistics, discourse analysis, and psycholinguistics of Japanese and Korean.
Abstract submission and registration are now open.
Call for Papers:
The JK28 organizing committee welcome abstract submissions for 20-minute oral presentations and for poster presentations.
Contributions to any aspect of Japanese/Korean linguistics and languages including minority languages and sign languages are welcome. Comparative studies across languages, interdisciplinary studies, studies on multi-modal communication focusing on the use of language with, for example, visual cues and/or gestures, are especially encouraged.
Deadline for abstract submission: 8 March 2020 11.59 pm (GMT)
Notification of acceptance: 30 April 2020
- Abstracts should be written in English and not exceed two pages in total. References, examples and/or figures can be included on the second page. Alternatively, lengthy text examples can be incorporated in text to improve readability.
- Submitted abstracts must be in .pdf format, with Times New Roman font, size 12, 1 inch margins and single spacing. The filename must be in the form Paper_title.pdf (e.g., Logical_structure_of_linguistic_theory.pdf ).
- Do not include author names or affiliations in either the filename or the abstract itself.
- During the submission process, authors will be asked to whether an abstract is submitted for oral presentation, poster presentation, or either.
- During the submission process, authors will be asked to provide between three and five keywords that best characterize their submission.
- Authors may submit one abstract as first author, and may be co-author on no more than one additional abstract. In other words, one may be an author on up to two submissions, but first author on only one of those.
Abstract Submission: Abstracts should be submitted as PDF files via EasyChair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=jk28
More information on the abstract submission and registration is available at the conference blog at https://the28thjapanesekoreanlinguisticsconference.wordpress.com/
Page Updated: 27-Jan-2020