LINGUIST List 31.3894
Wed Dec 16 2020
Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Senior Analytical Linguist, Behavox
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Alex Barron <alex.barron
English; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Senior Analytical Linguist, Behavox, Montreal, Quebec, Canada E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Behavox
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Web Address: https://www.behavox.com/
Job Title: Senior Analytical Linguist
Job Rank: Other; Senior Analytical Linguist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Behavox is shaping the future for how businesses harness their most important raw material - data. Our mission is bold: Organize enterprise data into actionable information that protects and promotes the business growth of multinational companies around the world.
From managing enterprise risk and compliance to maximizing revenue and value, our data operating platform presents a widespread opportunity to build multilingual, AI / ML - based solutions that activate data for every function within a global enterprise.
Our approach is unique, and it’s validated by our customers who tell us to keep forging ahead because no one else is aggregating, analyzing, and acting on data to uncover opportunities or solve problems quite the way we are.
We are looking for fearless innovators who have an insatiable appetite for building what no one has built before.
About the Role:
The Data Analytics Team creates applications that leverage tools provided by the Behavox Platform to give clients insights into their data. Specifically, we work with subject matter experts to learn about topics like insider dealing, and then, using linguistic rules, NLP, and machine learning, create models to detect this illegal activity within our clients' data. Each application is a small product itself - with its context, objectives, approach, means.
What You'll Do
- Analyze communication to detect linguistic patterns that indicate risk
- Create / curate datasets relevant for various situations, and build patterns or models to identify these situations
- Design, development, and ownership of complex applications (our DSL / Groovy)
- Understanding business needs related to your area of ownership, proactively analyzing gaps in current applications, formulating requirements, designing and creating corresponding solutions
- Effective collaboration with cross-functional teams (Engineering, ML, PM, etc) and clients: detecting problems in current approaches/tools, providing feedback, proposing solutions for the roadmap
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role (data analysis/ applied linguistics / NLP/ statistics)
- Experience in text/language data analysis (semantics, syntax, sentiment, etc)
- Background knowledge / subject matter expertise in one of risk domains is a plus
- Ability to take full ownership of the task, communicate clearly, and solve the problems creatively
- Programming skills in Python, Groovy, or Java
- Multilingual is plus
What We Offer:
- A truly global mission with a passionate community in locations all over the world
- Huge impact and learning potential as our aspirations require bold innovation
- Highly competitive compensation with 100% bonus pay already integrated
- Benefits include fully covered health coverage for employee and family
- Generous time-off policy and flexible work schedule
Please visit the application link below to apply.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://grnh.se/764078ea1us
Talent Acquisition Partner Alex Barron
Page Updated: 16-Dec-2020