LINGUIST List 31.470
Sat Feb 01 2020
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Senior Computational Linguist, ServiceNow
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Jonggun Park <park.jonggun
Computational Linguistics: Senior Computational Linguist, ServiceNow, Santa Clara, California, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: ServiceNow
Department: Natural Language Understanding
Job Location: Santa Clara, California, USA
Web Address: https://www.servicenow.com/
Job Title: Senior Computational Linguist
Job Rank: Other; Senior Computational Linguist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
Work in ServiceNow's NLU platform team and solve applied problems in Natural Language Understanding, by leveraging Linguistic/statistical concepts and core machine learning/AI tools and techniques. Opportunity to learn, work and contribute to the innovative and enterprise grade ServiceNow’s Natural Language Understanding and Artificial Intelligence engine as part of the overall Platform-as-a-Service offering.
Specifically, you will:
- Design the natural language processing components of new ServiceNow NLU capabilities by enhancing core NLU algorithms.
- Create Intent and Entity rules based on Syntax, Semantics, and or Morphology.
- Maintain all new linguistic features up-to-date by documenting impeccable documentation.
- Constantly run regression tools to verify/improve the quality of the NLU capabilities.
- Participate in data collection, annotation, & analysis.
- Develop innovative patentable ideas that ensures the competitiveness of this product within the domain of similar work being done in the industry.
- Collaborate with Engineers & Linguists on a daily basis.
- Provide linguistic expertise specifically in the field of Syntax, Semantics, and Morphology.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Masters in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics with 5-7 years of experience.
- Working experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP)/Natural Language Understanding (NLU) based solutions is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Syntax, Morphology, and Semantics
- Native speaker of French, German, or Japanese
- Strong knowledge in algorithms and data structures and implementing them in Java.
- Experience with Linux, Git, Stanford Core NLP, Virtual Assistant, CFG, Dependency Grammar, & Regex
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment is desired.
- Working experience within product development teams is a must.
- Must have demonstrated capabilities to create patentable ideas.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Hands-on experience with grammar work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability and interest to mentor other junior linguists.
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with quick learning curve.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: park.jonggun
Page Updated: 01-Feb-2020