LINGUIST List 31.569
Sat Feb 08 2020
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Programmer, Nuance
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Nicki Myddleton-Jones <Nicki.MJ
Computational Linguistics: Programmer, Nuance, Merelbeke, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Department: 318.R&D - CLU
Web Address: https://jobs.nuance.com/#
Job Title: Principal NLP Software Engineer - Java / OO
Job Rank: Programmer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
We are hiring a Principal NLP Software Engineer to work on NLP products used in the field to assist medical staff, these are real world products with real customer feedback.
In the role you'll be contributing to the development of a clinical language understanding (CLU) tools based on in house developed Natural Language Processing (NLP) software. These tools are used to extract all patient related clinical POI's and these facts are used to assist care personnel in their functions. The team you will join are collaborative and supportive and is expanding to support more healthcare applications and larger customers bases as well as supporting our NLP tools build out. As NLP Software Engineer you will join the team in adding new NLP (Natural Language Processing)-based applications and supporting their rollout in the market. You'll do this through CLU-pipeline improvements and CLU-engine tuning by developing rules or applying machine learning algorithms on medical corpora - you'll be reporting to the Senior manager for CLU Engine Engineering.
In the role you will:
- Participate in projects from requirements analysis to QA.
- Develop and improve NLP-applications through rules or machine learning algorithms, making use of annotated corpora.
- Improve the CLU-engine by developing/improving new CLU pipeline components.
- Take control of fine-tuning our NLP-applications for new customers.
- Actively participate as a scrum team member in all phases of the scrum process.
- Troubleshoot application defects.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Effectively work with multiple stakeholders and teams located in different geographical locations.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure.
You should have:
- Bachelor/Master/PhD in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Medical Informatics, Bio-engineering/Biomedical Sciences or equivalent through experience
- 3+ years experience with JAVA development or another OO-language
- Comfortable being part of a team, especially a geographically dispersed team.
- Motivated to be a self-starter and individual performer effectively contributing to overall team productivity and collaboration.
- Excellent English communication skills (written, oral, listening).
- Passion and enthusiasm.
Highly preferred skills include:
- Experience with the processing of big data, preferably in a cloud environment.
- Experience with machine learning and/or NLP.
Other preferred skills:
- Experience with Maven, Spark, Apache and integrated build system is a plus
- Experience with databases/SQL is a plus
- Experience with Linux is a plus
- Experience with the medical domain is a plus
Some examples of our work in this team https://youtu.be/K2eIMEodEhM
Please share your interest by clicking apply in our website.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://jobs.nuance.com/job/merelbeke/principal-nlp-software-engineer-java-oo/843/14254817
Ms Nicki Nicki Myddleton-Jones
Phone: +44 (0) 7818 594250
Page Updated: 08-Feb-2020