LINGUIST List 31.611
Wed Feb 12 2020
Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Syntax: Copy Editor, Copernicus GmbH
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Meredith Gunnells <jobs
English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Syntax: Copy Editor, Copernicus GmbH, Göttingen, Lower Saxony, Germany E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Copernicus GmbH
Job Location: Göttingen, Lower Saxony, Germany
Web Address: https://www.copernicus.org/career/copy-editing.html
Job Title: English speaker for language copy-editing
Job Rank: copy editor; Other
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Syntax
Required Language(s): English (eng)
We are currently recruiting permanent part-time (30–35 hours/week) and full-time (40 hours/week) staff members for the position of:
English speaker for language copy-editing
Copernicus Publications is your chance to work with well-established international journals with a focus on geosciences. All journals are open access: they are available at no cost to the readers, and the costs are instead borne by the authors. Copernicus provides an excellent publishing service for these authors.
- applying Copernicus’ policy of Lite Copy-Editing to our manuscripts: spelling, grammar, articles/prepositions, punctuation, and word-choice corrections;
- supporting authors from around the world by improving their manuscripts, thereby achieving higher credibility in the scientific community.
- You speak and write English at a native-speaker level and have a passion for language. Knowledge of German and/or other languages is a plus.
- You have a university degree in linguistics or the natural sciences.
- You have some work experience and are familiar with academic texts.
- You have a keen eye for detail and an excellent command of English mechanics, punctuation, and grammar.
- You are motivated and possess good organizational and time-management skills.
- You are open-minded to learning new technologies.
- a friendly working environment with 56 open-minded colleagues (position requires relocating to Germany);
- a challenging and rewarding job with opportunities to contribute your unique talents;
- a secure working position with performance-related allowances, substantial social benefits, and a family-friendly policy.
Your application should include a cover letter in English, your CV, relevant certificates, and your asking salary. Please send your application to Meredith Gunnells at the application email below. We are looking forward to meeting you.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: jobs
Page Updated: 12-Feb-2020