LINGUIST List 31.659
Sat Feb 15 2020
Jobs: English; General Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax: Consultant, Exos Financial
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Brittany Phillips <brittany.phillips
English; General Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax: Consultant, Exos Financial E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Exos Financial
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Job Title: Freelance Annotator
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax
Required Language(s): English (eng)
**This position has been filled.
Exos Financial is looking for a freelance annotator to assist in building a syntactic dataset for formal written English (e.g contracts). The data will be used to train cutting-edge domain-specific natural language understanding models.
As an annotator, you’ll be applying your knowledge of syntax and semantics to correct machine-generated syntactic representations of very complex sentences.
- Analyze formal English sentences within a particular linguistic formalism
- Annotate formal English sentences with syntactic information
- Correct machine-generated representations of English sentences
- Native/near-native English
- BA or higher in linguistics, with an emphasis on syntax and semantics or equivalent knowledge
- Experience with annotating linguistic data is a plus
- An eye for detail
Approximately 12-20 hours weekly (with the possibility for more)
Duration: 3-6 months or longer
To join ASAP
Please apply by sending your CV to the application email provided below.
Application Deadline: This position has been filled.
Email Address for Applications: brittany.phillips
Page Updated: 15-Feb-2020