LINGUIST List 31.717
Tue Feb 18 2020
Jobs: General Linguistics: Visiting Professor, Labex EFL
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Christel Préterre <christel.preterre
General Linguistics: Visiting Professor, Labex EFL, Paris, France E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Labex EFL
Job Location: Paris, France
Web Address: http://www.labex-efl.com
Job Title: EFL International Chair 2021 : 9th call for visiting professors in Paris
Job Rank: Visiting Professor
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
The Laboratoire d’excellence “Empirical Foundations of Linguistics: data, methods, models” (Labex EFL) is a fourteen-year project, funded by the French Government (ANR-10-LABX-0083). It gathers 11 research teams (CRLAO, HTL, Lacito, Lattice, LIPN, Llacan, LLF, LPP, INCC, CERMI, Sedyl) from 4 partner universities (Université Sorbonne Nouvelle, Université de Paris, Université Sorbonne Paris Nord and INALCO), in a partnership with the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS) and the French Research and Development Institute (IRD).
The aim of the Labex EFL is to promote innovative and interdisciplinary research within Linguistics and related fields. Specific interest is given to empirical foundations (corpus analysis and experimental methods) of linguistic research.
Up to 5 applicants will be selected for the EFL 2021 International Chair. The selected applicants will join one of the EFL teams. The visiting professor will be located in Paris in one of the most active academic communities for linguistics. He/she is expected to give a series of four lectures presenting innovative research in one of the fields of the Labex EFL. The selected candidates will be advised with respect to the organisation of their stay in Paris by a member of the Labex EFL.
The labex EFL seeks applicants in one of the following domains:
- phonetic and phonological complexity
- experimental grammar from a cross-linguistic perspective
- typology and dynamics of linguistic systems
- language representation and processing in a lifespan perspective
- computational semantic analysis
- language resources: lexica, corpora and tools
- empirical methods in linguistics and
Eligible candidates are professors or researchers (tenured or not) affiliated to a foreign research unit, willing to deliver a two-hour weekly seminar on a research topic contributing to the EFL project (http://www.labex-efl.com
) within a period of 4 weeks during the year 2021. The seminars can be given in french or in english. They will be recorded and broadcast on the Labex EFL website.
The Labex will cover travel expenses (economic class) and provide a fixed allowance for the participation of the professors in the International Chair.
Applications, written in french or english, should include:
- A curriculum vitae with a list of publications
- A one-page summary with detail of the four intended seminars and a general title for the entire course.
- The dates of availability and intended length of stay in Paris (not less than 4 weeks).
- The name of the research unit in the Labex EFL that will host the professor and the name of the professor/researcher who will be his/her correspondent in the host research unit (please take formal contact with him before applying).
Deadline for applications: June 7, 2020 (midnight, Paris time)
Applications should be sent to Christel Préterre, project manager of the Labex EFL (christel.preterre
sorbonne-nouvelle.fr) copy to Emmanuel Cartier, head of training programme (emmanuel.cartier
lipn.univ-paris13.fr) and Barbara Hemforth, coordinator (barbara.hemforth
Applications will be examined by the Labex EFL management team.
Application Deadline: 07-Jun-2020
Page Updated: 18-Feb-2020