LINGUIST List 31.874
Tue Mar 03 2020
Support: General Linguistics: PhD Student, Labex Empirical Foundations of Linguistics (EFL)
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Christel Préterre <christel.preterre
General Linguistics: PhD Student, Labex Empirical Foundations of Linguistics (EFL), Paris, France E-mail this message to a friend
Web Address: http://www.labex-efl.com
Institution/Organization: Labex Empirical Foundations of Linguistics EFL
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
The LABEX-EFL (Laboratory of Excellence Empirical Foundations in Linguistics) recrutes a doctoral candidate for a full-time (100%) three-year position in General Linguistics, with a salary of approximately 1,700 EUR (after tax), starting on October 1, 2020.
The thesis will be prepared on one of the following topics, which all belong to Research Strand 3, Typology and Dynamics of Linguistic Systems :
- GL4 : « Non-canonical inflection in Mesoamerican languages »
- GL6 : « A grammatical and lexicographic corpus-driven study of Manding languages »
- GL7 : « Using regular homophonies for the delimitation, internal classification and reconstruction of Niger-Congo »
- GL8 : « Missionary linguistics : Diego Collado’s work on Japanese »
- VC5 : « Gender and/or race in codeswitching »
For the job description, profile, and requirements see the specifications given in the individual project descriptions on the Labex website (also include a contact address).
For questions on the general application procedure, please contact katharina.haude
How to apply:
- Applications must be submitted by mail to katharina.haude
cnrs.fr & the contact of the individual project you are applying for.
- Deadline for application: March 29, 2020 (midnight MET).
- The application should include :
* a cover letter with explicit mention of the research project applied for
* a CV, including courses and diplomas obtained
* the names and contacts of two referees.
- The preselected candidates will be asked to send their Master’s thesis and/or other written works showing their qualification for the project applied for.
- The interviews of the preselected candidates will take place between May 4 and May 8, 2020.
Applications Deadline: 29-Mar-2020
Web Address for Applications: http://www.labex-efl.com/wordpress/2020/02/18/job-offer-3-year-doctoral-project-at-labex-efl-paris-france/?lang=en
Page Updated: 03-Mar-2020