LINGUIST List 32.1178
Fri Apr 02 2021
Jobs: German; Translation: Assistant Professor, University of Innsbruck
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Alena Petrova <alena.petrova
German; Translation: Assistant Professor, University of Innsbruck, Austria E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Innsbruck
Department: Department of Translation Studies
Job Location: Innsbruck, Austria
Web Address: https://www.uibk.ac.at/translation/
Job Title: Assist. Prof. - Tenure Track with a Focus on Terminology or Language Technology
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Translation
Required Language(s): German (deu)
Independent research in Terminology or Language Technology, as used in computer-aided or machine translation and machine interpreting, including conference presentations and publications. This research should take the form of a project equivalent to the level of a Habilitation (a second monograph after the PhD thesis or a collection of articles with an introduction showing their connections). Raising of third-party funds. (Contribution to) the organisation of conferences.Independent teaching of research-informed courses in the BA and MA programmes in Translation Studies.Participation in the autonomous university management and organisational tasks.
- An above average PhD with a topic related to Translation (submission of an abstract of approx. 2 pages).
- Research-related achievements beyond the dissertation.
- Submission of a research outline (approx. 5 pages) that describes the main research project in the area of Terminology or Language Technology, as used in computer-aided or machine translation and machine interpreting, which must reach the level equivalent to a Habilitation (postdoctoral thesis) to be carried out in the next years.
- Professional experience of various months after PhD completion. Experience with third-party funded research (acquisition, management).
- Work-related mobility experience during or after the PhD programme (e.g. research experience abroad of various months, not as an Erasmus student).
- Language skills: C2-level in one of the languages that can be studied at the Department (EN/FR/IT/ES/RU) and at least C1-level in German.
- Excellent teaching skills.
- Submission of a teaching concept (approx. 2 pages) for a course in Terminology or Machine Translation (according to the Department’s MA curriculum).
- Ability to work independently and in a team, excellent communication skills.
- Desired additional qualifications: university teaching experience, C1-level language skills in another language that can be studied at the Department of Translation Studies.
The University of Innsbruck emphasizes equal opportunities and diversity in its personnel policy.
The University of Innsbruck strives to increase the percentage of women and thus expressly encourages women to apply. This is particularely true for leading positions and scientific job offers. In case of underrepresentation women with the same qualifications will be given priority.
To apply, please visit the application link below.
Application Deadline: 21-Apr-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://lfuonline.uibk.ac.at/public/karriereportal.details?asg_id_in=11786
Assoz. Prof. Alena Petrova
Page Updated: 02-Apr-2021