LINGUIST List 32.1325
Thu Apr 15 2021
FYI: Mango Languages Dissertation Award
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Kaitlyn Tagarelli <kaitlyn.tagarelli
Mango Languages Dissertation Award E-mail this message to a friend
Mango Languages is pleased to announce our new Dissertation Awards program, which supports exceptional dissertation research at the intersection of second language acquisition and educational technology. We invite advanced PhD candidates to submit applications on our website (see link below).
- Mango Languages will award 2 grants in the amount of $1,000 per grant.
- Applications are due on June 15th, 2021.
- Applicants will be notified by September 1st, 2021.
- Applicants must be ABD by the application deadline, meaning all coursework and comprehensive exams are complete and the dissertation proposal has been accepted.
- Upon completion of the dissertation, award recipients will be invited to write a blog post about their research, to be published on the Mango Languages blog.
Preparing Your Submission:
Applications should be submitted online at: https://info.mangolanguages.com/mango-languages-dissertation-award-2021
You will be asked to submit:
- Basic contact information
- A research summary, including:
---- A summary of the background literature that contextualizes the dissertation research
---- Clearly stated research questions
---- A description of the methodology employed
---- Expected results and potential implications for second language acquisition, educational technology, and related fields.
---- Maximum of 2 pages, single spaced, including references. Up to two additional pages of figures and tables may be included.
- Your CV
- The name and contact information of your research supervisor, who can be contacted to complete a brief survey regarding your advanced standing and likelihood of completion.
If you have any questions, please contact us at research
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation; Writing Systems
Page Updated: 15-Apr-2021