LINGUIST List 32.1331
Thu Apr 15 2021
Jobs: English; Syntax: Prae Doc, University of Vienna
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Evelien Keizer <evelien.keizer
English; Syntax: Prae Doc, University of Vienna, Austria E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Vienna
Department: English and American Studies
Job Location: Vienna, Austria
Web Address: https://anglistik.univie.ac.at/
Job Title: University Assistant (prae doc)
Job Rank: Other; Prae Doc
Specialty Areas: Syntax; Functional-cognitive linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
- Participation in research, administration and teaching in the area of theoretical linguistics
- Developing and carrying out a PhD project in theoretical linguistics in the domain of functional and/or cognitive grammar of English.
- Participation in the preparation and execution of research projects / research studies
- Participation in publications / academic articles / presentations
We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months.
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences, symposiums
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
- Mag.phil., MEd or MA degree in English linguistics
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- IT user skills
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna, at the application link provided below, no later than 05.05.2021, mentioning reference number 11944.
For further information please contact Pasterk, Michaela +43-1-4277-42420, Keizer, Mathilde Eveline +43-1-4277-42422.
Application Deadline: 05-May-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://tinyurl.com/4c55a33z
Prof. dr. Evelien Keizer
Page Updated: 15-Apr-2021