LINGUIST List 32.1377
Mon Apr 19 2021
Calls: Ling Theories, Morphology/Online
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Andrea Sims <sims.120
5th American International Morphology Meeting E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 5th American International Morphology Meeting
Date: 26-Aug-2021 - 29-Aug-2021
Location: Columbus, OH (Online), USA
Contact Person: Andrea Sims
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Linguistic Field(s): Linguistic Theories; Morphology
Call Deadline: 01-May-2021
The Department of Linguistics at The Ohio State University is hosting the 5th American International Morphology Meeting (AIMM5), August 26-29, 2021. The conference will be held virtually.
The theme of the conference will be Morphological Theory and Typology. Submissions that relate to the theme are especially encouraged, although abstracts on any aspect of morphology are welcome. Students are strongly encouraged to submit abstracts. Contributions that present novel data from lesser-studied languages, including sign languages, are especially welcome, regardless of whether they speak directly to the theme.
Dunstan Brown, University of York
Gabriela Caballero, University of California, San Diego
Laura Kalin, Princeton University
Ryan Lepic, Gallaudet University
Final Call for Papers:
***Extended Deadline: May 1***
Abstract submission deadline: May 1, 2021 (extended from April 23, 2021)
Notification of results: June 15, 2021
Conference: August 26-29, 2021
To propose a paper (20 minutes for oral presentation + 10 minutes for questions) or poster presentation at AIMM5, upload an abstract conforming to the guidelines below to the EasyChair website (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aimm5
1. Abstracts should not exceed one letter (or A4) page in length, have 1-inch (2.5 cm) margins on all sides, and be set in Times New Roman with a font size no smaller than 11pt, single-spaced.
2. Examples, tables, graphs, etc. and references may be included on a second page.
3. The submission should not reveal the identity of the author(s) in any way. Abstract reviewing will be strictly anonymous (double blind).
4. You can only submit one abstract for which you are first author but may submit abstracts for which you are not first author without limit.
5. Abstracts must be submitted in PDF format through EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aimm5
) by May 1, 2021.
We are planning to offer live captions (CART) and/or American Sign Language interpretation, based on presenter and/or attendee need. Participants who would benefit from these services are encouraged to contact the organizers so that we can plan for appropriate accommodations.
Email address: aimm5.2021
Conference website: https://www.ling.ohio-state.edu/AIMM5/
Andrea Sims, Chair
Martha Booker Johnson
Page Updated: 19-Apr-2021