LINGUIST List 32.1778
Thu May 20 2021
Jobs: Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; General Linguistics; Phonology; Psycholinguistics: Linguistic Associate, Lexicon Branding
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Christopher Hirsch <jobs
Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; General Linguistics; Phonology; Psycholinguistics: Linguistic Associate, Lexicon Branding, San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Lexicon Branding
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: https://www.lexiconbranding.com/
Job Title: Linguistic Associate, Lexicon Branding
Job Rank: Linguistic Associate; Other
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; General Linguistics; Phonology; Psycholinguistics
Lexicon Branding develops category-defining names for the world’s biggest and most innovative brands. Sonos, Impossible Foods, Pentium, Dasani, and Swiffer are just a few of the hundreds of successful product and company names we have created since 1982.
We pride ourselves on an environment of creativity, problem solving, and thought leadership. Three qualities that we insist upon: curiosity, never settling for anything other than excellence, and a good dose of ambition.
Lexicon is the only brand naming agency that has a full-time in-house linguistics staff along with a global network of linguists. We have spent millions of dollars on research and development of our internal creative tools, our tested methods of global linguistic and cultural analysis, and our pioneering work on sound symbolism.
As a Linguistic Associate, you will become a contributor to everything linguistics at Lexicon.
Specifically, you will:
- Synthesize and apply brand naming insights from a broad array of linguistic perspectives (including phonology, morphology, psycholinguistics, acquisition, NLP, and the linguistics of marketing, communications, and branding).
- Manage our global language and cultural reviews of brand names.
- Thoughtfully contribute to the development of naming, brand architecture, and nomenclature projects.
- Assist with day-to-day management of projects and processes.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Lexicon’s creative and analytical tools.
- Familiarize yourself with the other various departments across Lexicon—New Business Development, Research, Trademark—and come to understand the full scope of brand name development.
Professional work experience strongly preferred but not required. Candidates must have at least a BA.
This is a full-time position and employees will be expected to work from our San Francisco Bay Area office. Candidates must be eligible and authorized to work lawfully in the United States. For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to the application email address provided below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: jobs
Dr. Christopher Hirsch
Page Updated: 20-May-2021