LINGUIST List 32.1828
Wed May 26 2021
Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Memphis
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Rebecca Adams <radams4
Applied Linguistics: Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Memphis, Tennessee, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Memphis
Department: Department of English
Job Location: Tennessee, USA
Web Address: https://www.memphis.edu/english/
Job Title: Visiting Assistant Professor in Applied Linguistics
Job Rank: Visiting Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; TESOL
The Department of English at the University of Memphis seeks candidates for a Visiting Assistant Professor position in Applied Linguistics to begin Fall 2021.
The department offers degrees in English with concentrations in TESOL at the undergraduate and master’s level and applied linguistics at the undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral level. Students may complete the M.A. online. The Applied Linguistics Program also offers a 15-credit-hour graduate certificate program in TESOL, conducts a summer EFL institute in Pilsen, the Czech Republic, and works closely with local school systems. See the department web site at http://cas.memphis.edu/english/
for more information.
- Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics or related area.
- Evidence of initial scholarly achievement and a clearly articulated research agenda pertinent to TESOL/Applied Linguistics.
- Research and/or teaching experience in TESOL, including English language teaching/learning in K-12 environments.
- Special preference given to candidates with expertise in one or more of the following areas: corpus linguistics, assessment, phonetics/phonology, syntax, technology and language teaching.
- Willingness and ability to teach online courses.
All applications will be managed through the University’s online application system, WorkForUM, available at the application link provided below.
The University of Memphis is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer. We urge all qualified applicants to apply for this position. Appointment will be based on qualifications as they relate to position requirements without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, or stat
Application Deadline: 11-Jun-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://workforum.memphis.edu/postings/27275
Dr. Lyn Wright
Page Updated: 26-May-2021