LINGUIST List 32.2014
Thu Jun 10 2021
Calls: Applied Ling, Clinical Ling, Lang Acq, Neuroling, Psycholing/Online
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Theodoros Marinis <t.marinis
International Connect Malaysia 3 E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: International Connect Malaysia 3
Short Title: Connect'M
Date: 17-Aug-2021 - 19-Aug-2021
Location: Online, Malaysia
Contact Person: Jessica Price
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://connectm3.wixsite.com/website
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Clinical Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics
Call Deadline: 15-Jun-2021
Connect Malaysia (Connect’M) is an international and interdisciplinary conference that aims to bridge the gap between the multiple disciplines of linguistics, psychology, neuroscience, and education by connecting researchers from Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand in Malaysia, a multilingual and multicultural society.
Following the successful 1st Connect’M conference with the theme ‘Connecting Neuroscience and Evidence-based practices in clinical and non-clinical research’ and the 2nd Connect’M 2018 with the theme ‘Language & Literacy in Multilingual Societies’, Connect’M 2021 has the theme: ‘Bilingualism/Multilingualism across the lifespan'.
Connect’M 2021 will comprise three days of research presentations, thematic roundtables and knowledge transfer workshops.
More information about the event can be found at the conference web-site: https://connectm3.wixsite.com/website
Call for Papers:
We welcome submissions for papers and posters on research surrounding ‘Bilingualism/Multilingualism across the lifespan’, including but not limited to:
- The development of language and/or literacy in multilingual children/adults and factors that lead to individual variability.
- Impact of language background on Executive Function.
- Factors that contribute to literacy attainment, including cognitive factors (e.g. phonological awareness), environmental factors (e.g. home language and literacy environment), and pedagogical factors (e.g. methods of literacy instruction).
- Pedagogies in the multilingual classroom, including the use of home languages and the use of translanguaging in the classroom.
- Language assessment for multilingual populations, including indigenous children/adults.
- Language Attrition in older adults and/or in indigenous languages.
- Language Assessments for Aphasia and/or Dementia in mulitlingual adults.
Abstract submission deadline: 15 June 2021
Submit your abstract via Easy Chair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=connectm32021
Page Updated: 10-Jun-2021