LINGUIST List 32.2055
Tue Jun 15 2021
Jobs: Lexicography; Translation: Visiting Professor, University of Cyprus
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Lexicography; Translation: Visiting Professor, University of Cyprus, Cyprus E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Cyprus
Department: Department of French and European Studies
Job Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Web Address: https://ucy.ac.cy/frml/el/
Job Title: Call for a Visiting Faculty Position
Job Rank: Visiting Professor
Specialty Areas: Lexicography; Translation
Call for a Visiting Faculty Position
The Department of French and European Studies accepts applications for filling a visiting faculty position, at the rank of Lecturer or Assistant Professor, depending on qualifications, for the Fall Semester 2021-2022 and the following courses:
- FES 361 THÉORIES DE LA TRADUCTION
- FES 300 LEXICOLOGIE-LEXICOGRAPHIE
- FES 299 ΜΕΤΑΦΡΑΣΤΙΚΗ ΤΕΧΝΟΛΟΓΙΑ / ΜΕΤΑΦΡΑΣΗ ΚΑΙ Η/Υ
Tasks and Duties:
- Teaching: Each course is taught three hours per week (1.5 hours twice a week, e.g., Monday-Thursday or Tuesday-Friday).
- All ranks require a doctoral degree from a recognized University in a field related to the courses.
- The language of instruction is French and Greek for the course FES 299 Μεταφραστική Τεχνολογία/Μετάφραση και Η/Υ. for the filling of the positions will be subject to funding availabilities.
- The candidates do not need to be citizens of the Republic of Cyprus.
The candidates who will be appointed for the positions at the University of Cyprus shall be exclusively employed by the University of Cyprus. In case the selected candidate is already employed somewhere else, he/she shall take an unpaid leave prior to his/her appointment. If the selected candidate works in a Higher Education Institution or a Research Center, he/she shall take a relevant leave (sabbatical or unpaid leave) from the University or Center where he/she works.
Please note that Visiting Academics must stay permanently in Cyprus during their period of employment, and candidates are required to ensure that this will be possible before submitting their application. The submission of the application implies acceptance of the above provision, which shall also be included in their cover letter.
According to current data, monthly gross earnings are calculated as follows:
- Visiting Assistant Professor € 3,122.10
- Visiting Lecturer € 2,723.17
Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit, in Greek and/or in French:
- A cover letter for the specific position
- A complete Curriculum Vitae (including contact address and telephone number)
- Copies of university degrees
- Up to two recommendation letters (optional)
A PhD degree is mandatory.
Selected candidates may be asked for an oral interview.
The selected candidates will be required to submit certified copies of their degrees issued by the Ministry of Education (for degrees issued by Private Schools or Universities in Cyprus) or by the issuing authorities (for Universities abroad).
Interested candidates must fill in the application form online at the application link below until 09/07/2021 12pm (local time).
For more information, please contact the Secretary by e-mail or phone at the contact information below.
Application Deadline: 09-Jul-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment
Phone: +357 22 89 43 89
Page Updated: 08-Jul-2021