LINGUIST List 32.2083
Wed Jun 16 2021
FYI: Coaching Teachers of English Learners: Concepts and Practice
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Svetlana Nuss <svnuss
Coaching Teachers of English Learners: Concepts and Practice E-mail this message to a friend
Coaching Teachers of English Learners: Concepts and Practice
Call for Proposals for Chapters and Case Studies
International volume on coaching teachers of English Learners in inclusive classrooms. English as a second, heritage, and foreign language contexts apply.
Coaching teachers with English learners in their inclusive classrooms is gaining ground. As more school districts and other institutions choose EL coaching as job-embedded support for their general education teachers and faculty, theory and research-based practices grow in value.
Do you work as a coach of teachers with English language learners in their inclusive classrooms? Do you direct an EL coaching program? Do you research EL-specific coaching? Do you have insight to share?
Please consider submitting a proposal for a chapter or a case study in the edited volume Coaching Teachers of English Learners: Concepts and Practice. We would like to hear from various settings and backgrounds of EL coaching. Language of publication: English; 2,500 to 5,000 words + references and appendices.
We are equally interested in theory-heavy explorations and submissions that focus on coaching experience for the Case Study practice-oriented part.
- Submit proposals to the editor Svetlana Nuss (University of Alaska) via https://forms.gle/vCW9cGxq8rdBzx3N7
(expression of interest, outlining main arguments and methodology, if applicable; up to 500 words)
- Please also consider reviewing the chapters for this volume. Apply to review here https://forms.gle/zSXBbTMePZxc6XoM7
- Up to 500-word expression of interest due: July 19, 2021
- Notification of acceptance to proceed to chapter/case stage: July 25, 2021
- First draft of chapters/case studies due: September 1, 2021
- Revisions and peer review: draft of chapters/case studies due: September to November, 2021
- Final manuscripts due: mid-November of 2021
- Publication: Spring of 2022
- Case-study submissions follow the same timeline and same general requirements
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition
Page Updated: 16-Jun-2021