LINGUIST List 32.2366
Tue Jul 13 2021
Calls: Portuguese; Comp Ling, Text/Corpus Ling/Brazil
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Luís Manuel Trigo <trigoslab
International Conference on the Computational Processing of Portuguese E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: International Conference on the Computational Processing of Portuguese
Short Title: PROPOR 2022
Date: 21-Mar-2022 - 23-Mar-2022
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Contact Person: Wellington Franco
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://sites.universidadedefortaleza.com/propor2022/
Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Subject Language(s): English; Portuguese
Call Deadline: 27-Sep-2021
The International Conference on Computational Processing of Portuguese (PROPOR) is the main event in the area of human language processing that is focused on theoretical and technological issues of written and spoken Portuguese and Galician. The meeting has been a very rich forum for the exchange of ideas and partnerships for the research and industry communities dedicated to the automated processing of Portuguese, promoting the development of methodologies, resources and projects that can be shared among researchers and practitioners in the field.
Call for Papers:
We call for papers describing work on any topic related to computational language and speech processing of Portuguese by researchers in the industry or academia. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Human speech production, perception and communication;
- NLP-oriented linguistic description or theoretical analysis;
- Natural language processing tasks (e.g. parsing, word sense disambiguation, coreference resolution);
- Natural language processing applications (e.g. question answering, subtitling, summarization, sentiment analysis);
- Speech technologies (e.g. spoken language generation, speech and speaker recognition, spoken language understanding);
- Speech applications (e.g. spoken language interfaces, dialogue systems, speech-to-speech translation);
- Resources, standardization and evaluation (e.g. corpora, ontologies, lexicons, grammars);
- Language and speech processing in academic disciplines;
- Portuguese language variants and dialect processing (including the language varieties of Angola, Brazil, Cape Verde, East Timor, Galicia, Guinea-Bissau, Macao, Mozambique, Portugal, and Sao Tome and Principe);
- Multilingual studies, methods, applications and resources including Portuguese.
Submissions should describe original, unpublished work. Authors are invited to submit two kinds of papers:
- Full papers – Reporting substantial and completed work, especially those that may contribute in a significant way to the advancement of the area. Wherever appropriate, concrete evaluation results should be included. Full papers can have up to 8 content pages + 2 pages for references.
- Short papers – Reporting small, focused contributions such as ongoing work, position papers, potential ideas to be discussed, negative results, or an interesting application nugget. Short papers can have up to 4 content pages + 1 page for references.
Authors are asked to indicate the submission track: Linguistic and Resources, Industry or General.
Each submission will be evaluated by at least three reviewers. As reviewing will be double-blind, submitted papers must be anonymized, that is, they should not contain the authors’ names and affiliations. Authors must avoid self-references that reveal identity, like, “We previously showed (Smith, 1991) …”. Instead, they should prefer citations such as “Smith (1991) previously showed …”. Separate author identification information will be required as part of the submission process.
Submissions should be written in English. At submission time, only PDF format is accepted. For the final versions, authors of accepted papers will be given 1 extra content page to take the reviews into account. Authors of accepted papers will be requested to send the source files for the production of the proceedings. All submitted papers must conform to the Springer LNAI/LNCS guidelines and use the LaTeX or MS Word stylesheets on our website. The URL for paper submission is https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=propor2022
Please see https://sites.universidadedefortaleza.com/propor2022/?page_id=2
for full Call information.
Full and short paper submission deadline : 27/09/2021 (GMT+1)
Notification of paper acceptance or rejection: 05/11/2021
Camera-ready papers due: 19/11/2021
Conference: March 21 – 23, 2022
Page Updated: 13-Jul-2021