LINGUIST List 32.2423
Mon Jul 19 2021
Calls: Anthro Ling, Gen Ling, Hist Ling, Socioling/Russia and Online
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Valentin Gusev <valentin.gusev
The Arctic: developments from the perspective of the humanities E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: The Arctic: developments from the perspective of the humanities
Date: 15-Feb-2022 - 16-Feb-2022
Location: Moscow (Hybrid), Russia
Contact Person: Anastasia Skachkova
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://arctic.linguanet.ru
Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Sociolinguistics
Call Deadline: 15-Nov-2021
The conference is expected to cover a broad range of subjects related to humanities and social science research of the Arctic and the Far North, including:
- research and description of the languages of the Arctic region;
- problems and perspectives of preserving the languages of the Arctic region;
- the study and preservation of the linguistic and cultural heritage of indigenous peoples;
- language and cultural policy in the Arctic and Sub-Arctic regions;
- the art and folklore of indigenous peoples of the North;
- humanities aspects of the biology, psychology and culture of human populations in circumpolar regions;
- ethnocultural processes in the context of current social change, the interrelation of traditional culture and global processes in the modern world;
- the history of Arctic exploration, the history of intercultural communication in the region;
- the development of human capital in the Arctic region;
- the development of ecological tourism in the Arctic.
The list of subjects for discussion is not final, and the Organising Committee will be grateful for any further suggestions.
Participants who cannot attend the Conference will be able to give their presentations via Zoom.
Presentations at the plenary session should not exceed 20 minutes, and the time limit for all other presentations is 10 minutes.
You can find more information about the Conference at its website at https://arctic.linguanet.ru
Call for Papers:
The Organising Committee invites all those who wish to take part in the Conference to submit their applications and abstracts, in an attached file, not later than 15 November, 2021 at the following address: arctic
linguanet.ru. Please make sure you fill in all the fields in the application form.
We hope to receive your abstracts in time, as we are planning to publish them online at the Russian Scientific Electronic Library website at elibrary.ru before the Conference starts. Reports selected by the Programme Committee will be published in a special issue of MSLU’s journal.
Organisation (research centre, university, etc.) – please, write the full name
Department – please, write the full name
The title of your presentation at the plenary session or at a panel
The subject to be discussed at the Conference that interests you
Use of PowerPoint
Page Updated: 19-Jul-2021