LINGUIST List 32.2561
Thu Aug 05 2021
Jobs: Ethiopian; Amharic; Translation: Translator, Pole to Win LTD
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Shanna Gurdial <shanna.gurdial
Ethiopian; Amharic; Translation: Translator, Pole to Win LTD E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Pole to Win LTD
Web Address: https://www.ptw.com/
Job Title: Amharic Linguist
Job Rank: Translator
Specialty Areas: Translation
Required Language(s): Amharic (amh)
Role: Amharic Linguist
Contract Type: Freelance
We are looking for formally trained linguists who are able to complete audio and phonemic transcription, audio analysis, as well as being involved in other speech linguistic tasks.
Successful candidates will be part of a team, processing large amounts of linguistic data and carrying out a number of tasks to improve the quality of our client’s text-to-speech synthesis for the Amharic language.
What you will be doing:
- Quality control, audio evaluation, proof-listening speech output, linguistic research, and using in-house tools/systems.
- Pronunciation Transcription: transcribe words as they are commonly pronounced in your language, according to the client’s phonemic transcription conventions.
- Pronunciation Approval: evaluate pronunciation transcriptions for correctness.
- Proofreading: proofreading of lines for a script to be used during recordings; edit lines as needed according to the client’s proofreading conventions.
- Recording QC: perform a number of quality checks on lines composed of audio, text, and additional data annotation fields, assessing the audio for overall recording quality, voice quality, and correct pronunciation.
- Ensuring the text matches the audio exactly and is formatted per the client’s conventions.
- Marking prosody and adding any additional data requested.
What we are looking for:
- Candidates must have completed University-level coursework in general linguistics, phonetics, phonology, and experience in phonemic transcription in your native language (Amharic).
- A degree classified as BA Honours or BSc within Linguistics courses is required.
- Minimum availability requirement of 10 hours per week.
Who we are:
PTW is a global services company that collaborate with video game developers and publishers through outsourced production services. We started 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to where we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1500 titles across all genres and all platforms, including 8 out of the past 10 Game-Of-The-Year-winning titles.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 35 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes SIDE and Orange Rock. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. Orange Rock is our in-house game and product development studio.
Welcome to PTW.
To apply, please visit the application link below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://apply.workable.com/j/2519024A9C
Page Updated: 05-Aug-2021