LINGUIST List 32.2662
Tue Aug 17 2021
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: NLP Research Manager, Workhuman
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Lauren Van Duyn <Lauren.vanduyn
Computational Linguistics: NLP Research Manager, Workhuman, Boston, MA, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Workhuman
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Job Title: NLP Research Manager
Job Rank: Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Are you interested in changing the world of work? We’re building a world-class analytics team to apply data science to the soft side of how work gets done. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
Workhuman is seeking an NLP Research Manager to join our Workhuman iQ analytics team as a domain expert, focusing on leading the research and development (R&D) effort within Workhuman’s NLP organization. We are looking for a leader who can potentially hire, coach, and mentor a team of data scientists and NLP researchers. This role reports into the Director of NLP.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Partner with machine learning engineers and researchers with your technical expertise to innovate and build new models and systems, improve and enhance existing NLP systems as well as discover new opportunities to apply NLP to solve critical problems
- Partner with product management and work cross-functionally with engineering teams in delivering NLP/ML products that serve the company's needs and understanding the impact. Bring a strong perspective and NLP expertise that contributes to design reviews and ideation in developing pragmatic solutions to complex problems
- Collaborate with other technical leads of NLP team in delivering annotated data and language contents for NLP products
- Partner with recruiting to hire NLP and ML experts to the team. Provide coaching, develop and retain ML and NLP talents.
- Stay up-to-date with recent developments in the ML field and current trends in the wider ML/NLP field. Lead the regular reading groups on latest research within NLP team.
Required skills and experience:
- Master's and above degree in computer science, computer engineering, machine learning, computational linguistics or other math/engineering background. PhD or equivalent work experience is a plus.
- Able to motivate, educate and coach others with patience and high engagement.
- 5+ industry experience as a hands-on expert-level practitioner of Natural Language Processing. Experience in building industry-scale ML/NLP models and systems. Having conducted research and published peer-reviewed articles in ML and NLP is a plus.
- Experience driving impact through leadership and influential abilities.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with teams of different backgrounds/ expertise/ functions.
- Strong analytical abilities and comfortable diving into the fray to help drive resolution.
- Have a great get stuff done attitude, positive energy, and thrive in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- Passionate about technology and can keep up with the latest developments in NLP research and the HCM landscape
- Have a respectful, collaborative approach that earns the trust of your peers and stakeholders.
Please apply via the link below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://workhuman.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorkhumanCareers/job/Framingham-MA/NLP-Research-Manager_R790
Lauren Van Duyn
Page Updated: 17-Aug-2021