LINGUIST List 32.2804
Fri Sep 03 2021
Jobs: French; German; Spanish; Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics: Research Associate, University of York
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Jessica Fairfax <enquiries
French; German; Spanish; Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics: Research Associate, University of York, York, United Kingdom E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of York
Job Location: York, United Kingdom
Web Address: https://ncelp.org/
Job Title: Research Associate
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics
Required Language(s): French (fra) German (deu) Spanish (spa)
NCELP is recruiting for a Research Associate to contribute to the research and evaluation programme associated with the Centre’s activities (including materials, pedagogy, and/or professional development).
The RA will:
- Conduct and contribute to research under the supervision of NCELP Director Professor Emma Marsden and Research Fellow Dr Amber Dudley
- Assist in the identification and development of potential areas of research and the development of proposals for independent or collaborative research projects
Strong candidates will have:
- First degree in one or more of: linguistics, (cognitive) psychology, education, French, German, Spanish
- PhD (or equivalent) in one or more of: (applied) linguistics, (cognitive) psychology, education
- Proven expertise at ‘post-A level’ in at least French, German, and/or Spanish if first degree is not in one of these languages (desirable)
- Knowledge of a range of research techniques, designs (including randomised experimental designs), and methodologies (including outcome testing and measurement for classroom based learners), and quantitative data analysis and software
- Knowledge of foreign language education in the UK and/or a similar compulsory secondary education context (desirable)
- Experience of carrying out both independent and collaborative research and writing up research work for publication
- Experience working with and/or conducting research with secondary school-aged children (desirable)
- Highly developed communication skills to engage effectively with a wide ranging audience, both orally and in writing, using a range of media and networks for dissemination
See the Job Description on the application link below for full person specification.
The role is open for both UK and international candidates, and available full- or part-time (at a minimum of 0.4 FTE, 14.8 hours per week), starting 2 October 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter) until 2 December 2022.
Applications must be received via the application link below before 11.59pm BST on the closing date. Interviews will be held on Zoom on 28 September.
Application Deadline: 15-Sep-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://jobs.york.ac.uk/wd/plsql/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=3885&p_web_page_id=455741
Professor Emma Marsden
Page Updated: 03-Sep-2021