LINGUIST List 32.3039
Tue Sep 28 2021
Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Online English language teacher (course instructor), Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Gema Ballesteros <gballesteros
English; Applied Linguistics: Online English language teacher (course instructor), Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
Department: Centre for Modern Languages
Job Location: Barcelona, Spain
Web Address: https://www.uoc.edu/opencms_colaboradors/opencms/EN/treballa/index.html
Job Title: Online English language teacher (course instructor)
Job Rank: Instructor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
The UOC (Universitat Oberta de Catalunya) is an innovative university that is rooted in Catalonia and open to the world. It offers people lifelong learning to help them and society advance, while carrying out research into the knowledge society.
The UOC wants to be a university that, by being connected to the network of the world’s universities, drives the creation of a global knowledge space and cutting-edge research in the knowledge society. The UOC has an innovative educational model that focuses on the student. The University offers them a top quality and personalized education that helps them to be more competitive and contributes to the progress of society.
The UOC is looking to hire affiliated teaching staff for the academic year 2021/2022
Affiliated teaching staff need to have experience and currently be employed in their field. The Universitat Oberta de Catalunya needs professionals whose main professional activity is linked to the position they are applying for, enabling them to provide a quality service. Therefore, applicants must have a main professional activity that they will maintain alongside their work as affiliated teaching staff.
POSITION: Online English language teacher (course instructor) for the Centre for Modern Languages
Based in an online learning environment, course instructors introduce, guide, plan, stimulate, focus, motivate and tie together students' learning processes with a proactive approach. They provide teaching assistance to students both individually and collectively, monitoring their learning over the course of the semester. They address students' doubts, offer examples and further explanations, stimulate debates, encourage participation in forums, and provide personalized feedback to help students' learning processes. Course instructors may also engage in other activities related to the creation of learning resources.
- University degree.
- Post-graduate qualification in Teaching of English as a foreign language/CALL.
- Continued professional development in English language teaching/CALL (completion of teacher training courses, participation in workshops/conferences etc.).
- Teaching experience with university students/adults.
- Excellent level of English.
- Initiative, good communication skills, and ability to work as part of a team in innovative contexts.
- Advanced ICT skills (text editors, spreadsheet programs, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience in the use of online communication tools for online collaborative work (forums, blogs, Skype or other VoiP applications, etc.).
- Experience in distance learning/teaching, especially in virtual learning environments.
- Working knowledge of Catalan or Spanish.
- The candidate will need to provide a cover letter in English.
The deadline for applications is 21 October 2021.
Contact us at the email address below.
To take part in the selection process, you need to register as a candidate in the join our team section. Once registered, you can apply from the candidate area.
This video explains how to register as a candidate applying for an affiliated teaching staff vacancy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm-avlNzCwA
Application Deadline: 21-Oct-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://www.uoc.edu/opencms_colaboradors/opencms/EN/treballa/index.html
Page Updated: 28-Sep-2021