LINGUIST List 32.3200
Mon Oct 11 2021
Jobs: Japanese; Computational Linguistics: Mathematical linguistics in Japanese, smartKYC
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Hugo Chamberlain <hugo.chamberlain
Japanese; Computational Linguistics: Mathematical linguistics in Japanese, smartKYC, Remote E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: smartKYC
Job Location: London, United Kingdom (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://smartkyc.com/
Job Title: Mathematical linguistics in Japanese
Job Rank: Programmer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Japanese (jpn)
smartKYC is looking for qualified linguists to support software designed to extract information from news media in different languages.
- Translate keywords from English to requested languages
- Create semantic rules to capture relevant results from news media in requested languages
- Test results
Who we are:
smartKYC helps financial institutions automate KYC (Know Your Customer) checks. These are background checks that banks are obliged to carry out on potential customers to verify their wealth was not amassed illegally. smartKYC consolidates checks in various databases as well as news media, extracts the relevant information and categorizes it to ease the work of the financial institution’s analysts.
- Have great communication skills
- Are motivated to work alone or in small groups
- Are interested in improving the product and suggest possible enhancements
- Are interested in the intricacies and ambiguities of language
- Fluency in Japanese
- Bachelor’s degree in linguistics, mathematics, or computer science.
- Able to work 15-20 hours per week
- Able to work remotely
- Knowledge of syntactical and semantical analysis of languages
- Knowledge of formal (e.g. mathematical) languages (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of regular expressions (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of any programming language (preferred but not required)
smartKYC is based out of London. Linguists will be working remotely.
To apply, please send your resume/CV to the application email below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: katja.goldring
Page Updated: 11-Oct-2021