LINGUIST List 32.3218
Tue Oct 12 2021
Confs: English; Applied Linguistics/Italy
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Erik Castello <erik.castello
6th Learner Corpus Research Conference E-mail this message to a friend
6th Learner Corpus Research Conference
Short Title: LCR2022
Date: 22-Sep-2022 - 24-Sep-2022
Location: Padua, University of Padua, Italy
Contact: Erik Castello
Contact Email: < click here to access email >
Meeting URL: http://www.maldura.unipd.it/lcr-2022/index.html
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics
Subject Language(s): English
The International Conference for Learner Corpus Research (LCR 2022) will be held at the University of Padua (Italy), at the Department of Linguistic and Literary Studies (www.disll.unipd.it
) on 22-24 September, 2022.
It will be the sixth in the series of successful conferences, which took place in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium) in 2011, Bergen (Norway) in 2013, Nijmegen (the Netherlands) in 2015, Bolzano/Bozen (Italy) in 2017, and Warsaw (Poland) in 2019. The conference is organised under the aegis of the Learner Corpus Association.
Its aim is to bring together researchers, language teachers and software developers with a common interest in the use of learner corpora for research on second language acquisition, as well as for the enhancement of language pedagogy and language assessment. The LCR2022 Conference aims to showcase the latest developments in the field of learner corpus research regarding the description of learner language and the design of innovative methods and tools to analyse it.
The conference will feature keynote lectures, full paper presentations, work in progress reports, poster presentations, software demonstrations and a book exhibition. Pre-conference workshops are also planned.
The language of the conference is English.
The following keynote speakers have confirmed their participation in the conference:
- Silvia Bernardini (Università di Bologna, Italy)
- Anke Lüdeling (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany)
- Hilary Nesi (Coventry University, England)
Call for Papers:
All topics related to learner corpus research based on any language are welcome. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Language for Academic Purposes;
- Language for Specific Purposes;
- Language Teaching, Assessment and Testing;
- Learner corpus-based SLA studies;
- Corpora as pedagogical resources;
- Multimodal learner corpora;
- Software for learner corpus analysis;
- Corpus-based translation studies;
- English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI);
- English as a Lingua Franca (ELF);
- Data mining and other explorative approaches to learner corpora;
- Statistical methods in learner corpus studies.
Abstracts, written in English, should be between 600 and 700 words (excluding a list of references) and should provide the following:
- clearly articulated research question(s) and its/their relevance;
- the most important details about research approach, data and methods;
- (preliminary) results and their interpretation.
Abstracts will be submitted through EasyChair. Abstract submission will open on 18 November 2021 and the deadline for submission is 23 January 2022. Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by the scientific committee. Notification of the outcome of the review process will be sent by 31 March 2022.
Further information is available at our webpage: www.maldura.unipd.it/lcr-2022/
The LCR 2022 organising committee
- Erik Castello (University of Padua)
- Katherine Ackerley (University of Padua)
- Caroline Clark (University of Padua)
- Francesca Coccetta (Ca’ Foscari University of Venice)
- Marta Guarda (Eurac Research, Bolzano)
- Carla Quinci (University of Padua)
- María Belén Díez Bedmar (Universidad de Jaén)
Page Updated: 12-Oct-2021