LINGUIST List 32.353
Thu Jan 28 2021
Qs: Spatial Orientation
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Inês Mateus <inesrmateus
Spatial Orientation E-mail this message to a friend
Hello! I am conducting a study in Cognitive Linguistics, comparing British English vs. Portuguese native speakers in relation to gender and spatial orientation. Thus, I was wondering if maybe some of you could help. I leave the instructions/link below. It doesn't take more than 10 minutes, and it is absolutely harmless. The only thing is participants must be between 18 and 30 years old and the experiment should be done on a computer. Thank you in advance and all the best!
Please read the following steps carefully and proceed accordingly:
1. Enter the experience link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mE7N1jk5cbU7DfKAOboWS3AhEXaQqNOf?usp=sharing
2. Download the Google Drive folder to your Desktop;
3. Extract the files from the Zipped Folder to your Desktop. You should then have a folder (not zipped) with the experiment name);
4. Open that folder and run the “Run Remote Package” File;
5. Follow the instructions given during the experiment;
6. In the end, a txt file is generated. Please send this file to the email: inesrmateus
gmail.com Please note your participation in the experiment cannot be registered if you do not send the file to the previously mentioned email.
Very important: you should carry out the experiment in a calm environment and without distractors that could affect its execution. It is essential that you focus on carrying out the experiment in order to obtain valid data. The experiment takes about 10 minutes. Make sure you are not interrupted / distracted by anything during this period. Devices such as cell phones should be out of your reach.
Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science
Subject Language(s): English (eng)
Page Updated: 28-Jan-2021