LINGUIST List 32.594
Wed Feb 17 2021
Calls: Applied Ling, Gen Ling, Hist Ling, Lang Acq, Translation/Czech Republic
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Eva Nováková <mladi.lingviste
22nd International Meeting of Young Linguists E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 22nd International Meeting of Young Linguists
Date: 17-May-2021 - 18-May-2021
Location: Olomouc, Czech Republic
Contact Person: Božena Bednaříková
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://mladilingviste.upol.cz/?lang=en
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Translation
Call Deadline: 12-Apr-2021
You are cordially invited to the annual International Meeting of Young Linguists. This year's main title is ''COMMUNICATION no. 2021: Degradation and/or innovation?'' and the main topics discuss the following:
- language in use and language development between 2020 and 2021
- does social distancing inflict on language, or invite us to look for new ways of communication?
- “Hello, can you hear me well?”: online meetings and distance learning as new communication channels
- pros and cons of the online environment: how does internet change communication?
- YouTube, Instagram et al.: communication platforms for youths only (?)
- Twitter: how much can you tell in 280 characters?
- online safety and danger: do you know who is speaking to you?
- intercultural pragmatics: does online language affect politeness, humour or non-verbal communication?
- grammar nazis, language as the online weapon: “Practise your grammar!”, “How dare you call me a(n) *** !”
- benefits and drawbacks of non-verbal communication: Can emojis, memes, gifs make up for a story?
The programme of the conference includes traditional panel sessions and workshops. The conference is held in Czech, Slovak, and English.
The conference welcomes all Presenters who have completed an M.A./Mgr. programme and have no higher degree than PhD.
Call for Papers:
Abstract submission and standard registration deadline is 12 April 2021. Abstracts of up to 300 words on the main and/or related topics can be submitted via the registration form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf_dqVZoeKoIYaEkDESn77_l6Ni98hlZy1o_HgCpVz-tM8MqQ/viewform
Page Updated: 17-Feb-2021