LINGUIST List 32.650
Mon Feb 22 2021
Jobs: General Linguistics: Manager, Linguistic Society of America
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Alyson Reed <lsa
General Linguistics: Manager, Linguistic Society of America, DC, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Linguistic Society of America
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Web Address: https://www.linguisticsociety.org/
Job Title: Linguistic Society of America - Membership Manager
Job Rank: Manager
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
Under the direction of the Executive Director of the LSA, the Membership Manager will provide leadership and professional expertise as the primary membership liaison, charged with retaining and increasing LSA’s membership.
- Plan, execute and evaluate membership recruitment and marketing campaigns throughout the year to enhance the LSA’s profile and awareness within the linguistics community.
- In consultation with the appropriate LSA leaders and staff, develop proposals for enhancing member benefits/services and ensure maintenance/delivery of existing services/benefits.
- Review and prepare reports on membership data and trends, including support for annual budget projections.
- Maintain and enhance relevant web content, including that restricted to LSA members, in consultation with LSA staff and web developer.
- Coordinate member communications, including the LSA Update newsletter, email, and other correspondence.
- Identify and participate in discussions with the LSA Executive Committee and Executive Director on strategies, opportunities, potential conflicts and other issues related to the successful recruitment and retention of members.
- Baccalaureate degree in any field, with a preference for those who have taken courses in linguistics and/or world languages.
- Significant experience (3-5 years) working for membership associations, including a successful track record of building and growing the total number of members through creative, innovative initiatives.
- Experience with membership marketing, recruitment, retention and enhancement of member benefits and services.
- Familiarity with website content management, database management and association software tools and services.
- This position requires occasional travel to attend the LSA Annual Meeting and Spring Executive Committee meeting.
- This part-time position will average about 25 hours per week, with more hours required during the week of the two events referenced above.
- The position will be based in Washington, DC, with the option of remote work, subject to approval.
- Creative, innovative, collaborative, congenial, diplomatic, and self-motivated.
- Strong communications skills, including the art of persuasion and making the case for membership based on a strong value proposition.
Please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and contact information for at least three professional references to the application email address provided below, using this subject line: Application for LSA Membership Manager Position.
Deadline: March 7, 2021.
The LSA is committed to principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Applications from members of under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 07-Mar-2021
Email Address for Applications: lsa
Executive Director Alyson Reed
Page Updated: 22-Feb-2021