LINGUIST List 32.719
Fri Feb 26 2021
Jobs: French; Pragmatics: Assistant Professor, Ghent University
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Geertrui Hofman <Geertrui.Hofman
French; Pragmatics: Assistant Professor, Ghent University, Belgium E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Ghent University
Job Location: Ghent, Belgium
Web Address: https://www.ugent.be/lw/taalkunde/en
Job Title: Professor in French Linguistics - Tenure Track
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Pragmatics
Required Language(s): French (fra)
As a member of the Linguistics department you contribute to academic teaching, research and services in the domain of French Linguistics (Pragmatics and business communication in French).
You lecture various course units in the discipline of French linguistics (Pragmatics and business communication in French)
You conduct research in the discipline of French linguistics, more specifically in pragmatics and in the field of business communication in French
You take part in the internal and external service provision of the department of Linguistics and the French section
- You have already conducted eminent academic research in French linguistics, , more specifically in pragmatics and/or in the field of business communication in French, which is clearly reflected in publications in high-quality academic journals and peer-reviewed books;
- You are capable of initiating, supervising and acquiring the necessary funding for academic research;
- You are didactically skilled to teach university students to develop academic competences;
- Teaching experience in French linguistics, more specifically in pragmatics and/or in the field of business communication in French;
- International mobility, incl. research stays at institutions external to the one where you acquired your highest academic degree;
- Positively evaluated experience as a lecturer of academic subjects and/or coordinating academic teaching;
- Professional development of teaching practice;
- Affinity with Digital humanities.
Skills / Attitude:
- Your work is quality-oriented;
- You take initiative;
- Your written and oral proficiency in French is excellent
- You are able to coordinate a team and function in a team environment
- You have good organisational and interpersonal communication skills
- You hold a thesis-based doctorate in French linguistics or a diploma or certificate that is recognised as equivalent (article V.20 Codex Higher Education).
- Upon evaluation of a foreign (non-EU) diploma, a certificate of equivalence may still have to be requested at NARIC. If this is the case, we advise you to initiate this recognition procedure as soon as possible. You are required to have the recognition no later than on the date of your appointment.
- You have at least two years of postdoctoral experience on 1 september 2021. This term of two years is determined by the date written on the above-mentioned required diploma.
We offer you a temporary appointment in a tenure track system for a term of five years. If positively evaluated by the University Board, the term of office will be transferred into a permanent appointment as an associate professor.
Should you already be a member of the professorial staff or hold an equal post at another university or research institution, you can immediately be appointed as an assistant professor, without prejudice to the possibility of a temporary appointment offered in article V.28 of the Codex of Higher Education.
How to Apply:
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see below). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
For further information regarding this vacancy, please contact Professor Geert Jacobs (Geert.Jacobs
UGent.be, +32 (0)9 2643529) or prof. Peter Lauwers (Peter.Lauwers
UGent.be) at the faculty Arts and Philosophy, department of Linguistics.
Application Deadline: 17-Mar-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://tinyurl.com/bwxpr656
Professor Peter Lauwers
Phone: 32 (0)9 2643529
Page Updated: 26-Feb-2021