LINGUIST List 32.844
Mon Mar 08 2021
Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Rank Open, Vital Text Systems
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Gordon Monk <gordon.monk
English; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Rank Open, Vital Text Systems, Maine, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Vital Text Systems
Department: Linguistics Team
Job Location: Maine, USA
Web Address: https://www.vitaltextsystems.com/
Job Title: Sr. Computational Linguistics Programmer
Job Rank: Rank Open
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Vital Text Systems (VTS) is seeking an experienced Sr. Computational Linguistics Programmer with machine learning / deep learning experience.
The position is full or part time, equity-only, and option to convert to FTE, paid employment, with VTS, immediately upon close of our next successful funding round. Primary location in Maine but remote work any time zone east, or central are acceptable.
Who You Are:
- You’re open to an equity-only position (at least, for the time-being).
- You are always searching for meaning- not just in life, but in text.
- You’re excited about solving problems. No challenge is too great.
- You’ve got serious computational linguistics skills. NLP, and AI classifiers are nothing new to you.
- You’ve got solid communication and collaborative skills.
- You’re familiar with Agile methodology.
- You’re familiar with the Stanford NLP Parser and Java libraries
- You’ve got a Linguistics Masters (at least) or Ph.D. (preferred).
- You’re a US Citizen.
Who We Are:
We’re a small startup that’s receiving some big attention from a few big players in the AI/Machine Learning space.
We work at a fast pace and we’re picking up speed. We also like to have a little fun.
The VTS founders are, a serial-entrepreneur/Sr. technology leader, a professor of linguistics, a Sr. computational linguistics programmer, a Director of strategy with more than 2 decades in cloud/web-based solutions, and three part-time sr. software engineers.
What We’re Doing:
We’re changing the world for the, more than 400 million, knowledge workers that generate high-value documents for organizations around the globe. By using AI classifiers and providing real-time linguistic analytics, we’re helping them significantly reduce textual ambiguities and craft linguistically hardened language in their documents.
Our tech stack includes Java, C#, React.js, .Net, and a few other goodies.
What We’ve Done (So Far):
- Received our software/systems patent in June, 2017
- Awarded over $350,000 in infrastructure credits by global technology provider.
- Launched our MS Word Add-in Analytics for MS Store 12/21/2019 deployment
- Now serving over 4000 registered users, 10,000 scans; 45,000 pages; 1,525,000 sentences.
What’s On The Near Horizon:
- Deploying to serverless architecture, upgraded analytics, new pricing tier.
- New pricing accompanied by our first commercial promotion in March 2021
- Three industrial areas are targeted Academic (60%), Medical(20%), Technical(20%)
- Seven additional areas identified for 1Q2022 delivery.
- Presenting to Angel and other investor groups, nationwide
- Submitting full submission Phase I National Science Foundation project March 2021
Sounds interesting? Then send your contact information and CV to the application email below, or through Linguist List, we’ll do the rest.
Visit our site and email interest to the application email provided below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: inquiries
Web Address for Applications: https://www.vitaltextsystems.com
Hey YOU! Gordon Monk
Phone: 954 547 9759
Page Updated: 08-Mar-2021