LINGUIST List 32.886
Wed Mar 10 2021
Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics: Instructor, Open University of Catalonia
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Gema Ballesteros <gballesteros
English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics: Instructor, Open University of Catalonia E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Open University of Catalonia
Department: Centre for Modern Languages
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://www.uoc.edu/portal/en/index.html
Job Title: Online English Language Teacher for the UOC Centre for Modern Languages
Job Rank: Instructor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Online English language teacher (course instructor) for the Open University of Catalonia - Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) Centre for Modern Languages:
Course instructors are experts in their fields who, while employed elsewhere, are able to combine their main line of work with a collaboration at the UOC. Their remit is to provide guidance and support throughout students' courses and programmes of study.
Based in an online learning environment, course instructors introduce, guide, plan, stimulate, focus, motivate and tie together students' learning processes with a proactive approach. They provide teaching assistance to students both individually and collectively, monitoring their learning over the course of the semester. They address students' doubts, offer examples and further explanations, stimulate debates, encourage participation in forums, and provide personalized feedback to help students' learning processes. Course instructors may also engage in other activities related to the creation of learning resources
- University degree.
- Post-graduate qualification in Teaching of English as a foreign language/CALL.
- Continued professional development in English language teaching/CALL (completion of teacher training courses, participation in workshops/conferences etc.).
- Teaching experience with university students/adults.
- Excellent level of English.
- Initiative, good communication skills, and ability to work as part of a team in innovative contexts.
- Advanced ICT skills (text editors, spreadsheet programs, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience in the use of online communication tools for online collaborative work (forums, blogs, Skype or other VoiP applications, etc.).
- Experience in distance learning/teaching, especially in virtual learning environments.
- Working knowledge of Catalan or Spanish.
- The candidate will need to provide a cover letter in English.
Although the offer states that the language of instruction is Spanish, it is in English.
Interested candidates should visit the Join our team section of the join our team website, found at the application link below, where you can find the terms and conditions for working with us.
To take part in the selection process, you need to register as a candidate in the Join our team section linked below. Once registered, you can apply from the candidate area.
Application Deadline: 29-Mar-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://www.uoc.edu/opencms_colaboradors/opencms/EN/treballa/index.html
Page Updated: 10-Mar-2021