LINGUIST List 32.1182
Fri Apr 02 2021
Calls: Gen Ling/Nepal
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Ambika Regmi <ambikaregmi
42nd Annual Conference of Linguistic Society of Nepal E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 42nd Annual Conference of Linguistic Society of Nepal
Short Title: 42ndLSN
Date: 26-Nov-2021 - 27-Nov-2021
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Contact Person: Ambika Regmi
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.lsn.org.np
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
Call Deadline: 01-Jul-2021
Linguistic Society of Nepal (LSN) has been organizing its annual conference on almost the same schedule, viz., 26 - 27 November since its inception in 1979. Despite the COVID pandemic, this society successfully held its 41st Annual conference as a virtual conference. The society is going to organize its 42nd Annual Conference in Kathmandu on 26-27 November, 2021 with a view to providing a platform for the people working on different aspects of languages of the world. This society would like to request all the linguists and practitioners from home and abroad to submit an abstract for the conference.
Call for Papers:
This society would like to request all the linguists and practitioners from home and abroad to submit an abstract for the conference on theoretical as well as applied aspects of language or any other relevant topics of linguistics.
There will be oral presentation and poster presentation sessions. The details of the abstract and full presentation or poster presentation are as follows:
1. An abstract will contain 150-200 words including examples and references (the title and author information will not be counted in this word limit).
2. The title should be followed by the name of the author/authors, author's affiliation, address, email and phone number (mobile phone number preferred).
3. The abstract should contain the information about the data, methodology and findings of the research (but no separate headings).
4. The paper should be in English or Nepali. For English medium paper, the abstract should be in English in Roman script; and for Nepali medium paper, it should be in Nepali in the Devanagari Unicode.
5. Examples from other languages, in English medium paper, should be presented in IPA Unicode. Other scripts can also be used in the example if it is necessary, however, it should be in Unicode.
6. Abstract should be both in the MS Word and PDF format.
7. Submit electronic copy of abstract via email to linguisticsocietynepal
The accepted abstracts will be included in the abstracts and program booklet after registration process has been completed. The presenters will be asked to submit their full presentation when their abstracts are accepted.
THE FULL PRESENTATION SUBMISSION WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
- Full oral presentation: 10-15 slides or 3-4 page write up for 20-minute presentation followed by 5-minute discussion.
- Full poster presentation: Poster or 3-4 page write up of the matter to be included in the poster
- Poster size: 91 cm wide and 122 cm tall (A0 paper size)
- Font size: Between maximum 78 pt (for main title) and minimum 24 pt (for body text).
Submission deadline: 1 July, 2021
Notification of acceptance: 30 July, 2021
Conference: 26-27 November 2021
Venue: Kathmandu, Nepal
Page Updated: 02-Apr-2021