LINGUIST List 32.1330
Thu Apr 15 2021
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Natural Language Processing Engineer, USA-based Tech Company
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Dylan Johnson <deumpresente
Computational Linguistics: Natural Language Processing Engineer, USA-based Tech Company, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: USA-based Tech Company
Job Location: , USA (Telecommute)
Job Title: Natural Language Processing Engineer / Computational Linguist
Job Rank: Natural Language Processing Engineer; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Natural Language Processing Expert with Strong Machine Learning and Linguistics Background
The company and website will be disclosed upon application to qualified candidates.
A private educational company in the USA is looking to hire a remote NLP expert (Computational Linguist) with strong machine learning, programming, and linguistics skills to work on a multi-language automated essay scoring (AES) tool and feedback system. The successful candidate will be hired either as a full-time employee, a part-time employee, or as a consultant (minimum of 20 hours per week required).
Main goal of the automated system to be developed:
- To automatically and accurately classify a student’s written response to a prompt in a given language into one of several language proficiency levels
- Master’s degree or Doctoral Degree (preferred) in Computational Linguistics/Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Previous work experience developing both rule-based and machine-learning-based NLP systems in various languages
- Deep, current knowledge of and familiarity with freely available NLP tools, libraries, and frameworks.
- Strong NLP and Machine Learning fundamentals (working knowledge of a wide range of machine learning concepts including statistics, bayesian probability, supervised and unsupervised learning, descriptive data analysis, deep learning)
- Strong programming skills
- Experience working with Python, AWS, Unix, SQL
- Experience working with open-source machine learning libraries such as Spacy, numpy, pandas, scikit-learn
- Strong communication skills (must also be fluent in English)
- Familiarity and experience with automated essay scoring (AES) systems
- Familiarity with GPT-3 and (early) access to it
- Proficiency in languages other than English
- Deep knowledge of and experience with Speech-Processing tools and methods
- Understanding of and experience working with CEFR and/or ACTFL language proficiency standards
- Experience working with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.
To apply for this job, please send your resumé and an application letter to Dr. Dylan Johnson, at the application email below. Make sure to use "NLP EXPERT POSITION" in the subject line.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: deumpresente
Recruiter Dylan Johnson
Page Updated: 15-Apr-2021