LINGUIST List 32.1450
Mon Apr 26 2021
Support: English; German; Computational Linguistics: PhD, Technical University of Munich
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Daniel Braun <daniel.braun
English; German; Computational Linguistics: PhD, Technical University of Munich, Germany E-mail this message to a friend
Web Address: https://www.tum.de/en/
Institution/Organization: Technical University of Munich
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng) German (deu)
The chair of Software Engineering for Business Information Systems (sebis) at the Technical University of Munich is looking for excellent candidates for a paid PhD position in the area of Natural Language Processing.
- Research & development projects in the area of NLU and NLG
- Contribution to teaching on Bachelor’s and Master’s levels
- Supervision of Bachelor and Master theses
- Practice-oriented research projects with renowned partners from the administration, publishing industry, judiciary, medicine, customer protection, and other industries
- Wide scope of possible NLU and NLG research topics and technologies, including but not limited to
- Information Extraction, Named Entity Recognition, Surface Realization, Summarization, Anonymization
- Word Embeddings, Rule Engines, Dependency Trees
- Full-time position (100% TVL-E 13, fixed-term contract)
- Great working environment in a young, dynamic team at one of the leading European universities
- Opportunity to travel to prestigious international research conferences
- Contribution to open-source projects and collaborations with start-ups and spin-offs
- Up-to-date hardware and an extensive server infrastructure for research
- Excellent training and career support opportunities (courses, personal coaching, ...)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Data Science or a similar field
- Good theoretical knowledge and practical experience with
- Natural Language Processing (rule-based and/or machine learning)
- Software Engineering
- Motivation to build innovative solutions involving industrial partners
- Interest in applying NLP technologies to problems and texts from the legal domain
- Strong communication skills and the ability to lead software development in distributed multicultural teams
- At least intermediate German speaking and writing skills
- Advanced English speaking and writing skills
Please, send your motivation letter, CV and transcript of records to Ingo Glaser (ingo.glaser
We are looking forward to your application!
Severely disabled persons are given preference in the case of essentially equal suitability and qualifications.
The TUM strives to increase the proportion of women; applications from women are therefore expressly welcomed.
When applying for a position at the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you submit personal data. Please refer to our data protection information in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) regarding the collection and processing of personal data in the context of your application (https://portal.mytum.de/kompass/datenschutz/Bewerbung/
). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have taken note of the TUM data protection information.
Page Updated: 26-Apr-2021