LINGUIST List 32.1458
Tue Apr 27 2021
Jobs: Chinese, Mandarin; Applied Linguistics: Content Writer, Mango Languages
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Anja Green <anja.green
Chinese, Mandarin; Applied Linguistics: Content Writer, Mango Languages E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Mango Languages
Department: Content Development
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://mangolanguages.com/
Job Title: Mandarin Chinese Grammar Content Writer
Job Rank: Content Writer; Other
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
Mango Languages is looking for a remote independent contractor who can research, write, and edit online grammar content for our company’s repository of grammar resources. In this unique role, you’ll collaborate with our team of experts to bring the Mango learning experience to life.
Curious what your day-to-day tasks will be?
In this role, you’ll be working with other Mango team members to research and develop grammar blog posts that provide our learners with insightful explanations to help them achieve their language-learning goals. We will also count on you to create gated content that will accompany these posts and clarify the grammar points even further, while at the same time supporting and expanding the learners’ knowledge.
Just like you, we settle for nothing less than the best. Together, we’ll work to ensure that the quality of the work is truly exceptional, that we create clear, helpful, and interesting content that speaks to our learners’ needs and increases engagement with our brand.
Are you up for a fast-paced, rewarding project that helps promote language and culture learning the world over? Then we can’t wait to hear from you!
- Native Mandarin Chinese speaker. For this position, we specifically need a native speaker who has a mastery of their native language and a thorough understanding of grammar, idiomatic expressions, and dialectal differences.
- Fluent in English. Full understanding and fluency of the English language and its grammar are needed in order for the posts to be clear and to the point, and for effective coordination and communication with team members and project managers.
- Bachelor's Degree required in either of the following: Mandarin Chinese Language/Literature or Language Teaching.
- Experience teaching Mandarin Chinese grammar or involvement in grammar book publishing, writing blog posts on grammar, answering grammar questions online, or any related skills/experience.
- Expert use of search engines for conducting basic research
- Good writing skills
- Flexible schedule and availability of up to 10 hours per week.
- Reliable internet connection and a technical understanding of collaborative online tools. All work will be done remotely and online.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Must work well in a team.
- Must love language, culture, and learning — we all do!
How to Apply:
Step 1: Submit your resume and cover letter, outlining your experience and qualifications as they relate to the job description. Let us know why this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Step 2: Submit a brief video, no more than two minutes, introducing yourself and highlighting experience relevant to the role. The video can be done using any platform or technology. Please either add your video with your application materials your application via the application link below, or email your video to linguistvideo
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://jobs.lever.co/mangolanguage/b0d78e18-03af-47c9-b827-4343b30e6544
Page Updated: 27-Apr-2021