LINGUIST List 32.1479
Wed Apr 28 2021
Calls: Applied Ling, Disc Analys, Gen Ling, Lang Doc, Socioling/Online
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Margarita Jara <margarita.jara
VIRTUAL LASSO 50th ANNUAL MEETING, 2021 E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: VIRTUAL LASSO 50th ANNUAL MEETING, 2021
Short Title: LASSO 50
Date: 23-Sep-2021 - 25-Sep-2021
Location: Virtual, USA
Contact Person: Margarita Jara
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://lassoling.org/
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Language Documentation; Sociolinguistics
Call Deadline: 15-Jun-2021
LASSO, the Linguistic Association of the Southwest, invites abstract submission for papers, and group panels for its 50th Annual Meeting to be held virtually on September 23- 25, 2021. We welcome papers in all areas of linguistics including, but not limited to applied linguistics, linguistic variation, languages in contact, language policy and planning, language attitudes and ideologies, syntax, phonetics and phonology, etc. This year we especially encourage papers addressing any of the following topics: indigenous languages, language and racialization, language and social justice, and Spanish and the Latinx community. Submissions by junior faculty and graduate students are especially welcome. Graduate students who present their work at the conference are eligible for the Helmut Esau Prize, which includes a $400 award.
Conference Theme: Interconnectedness in linguistics: Building bridges between language research and language activism
Mode: Virtual (Zoom platform)
Call for Papers:
Presentation time for papers will be 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for discussion. Abstracts may be in English, or Spanish. Presentations should be given in the same language as the abstract. Only one abstract as a single author and a second as co-author will be accepted from any one individual.
Proposals for complete panels with multiple speakers must fit within the 90 minutes time frame of the conference presentations.
- Abstracts can be submitted through EasyAbs from April 5, 2021 to June 15, 2021.
- Papers may be delivered in English, or Spanish.
- Abstracts should be single-spaced in 12-point Times New Roman font not to exceed 500 words.
- Abstracts need to include the title of the paper and must clearly present a specific thesis statement and include a description of the topic, the approach, and conclusions.
- To preserve anonymity during the review process, authors should not include their names, academic affiliation, email address or any other identifier or reveal their identity anywhere in the abstract. This information will be completed in a separate form prior to submission in Easy Abs
- Include the title of the paper, area of research, author names, academic affiliations, and e-mail addresses in the form within the abstract submission system.
- Submissions need to be in pdf format.
- Authors will receive a reply notifying them that their abstracts are under consideration. If such notification has not been received within one week, it should be re-sent. We also recommend that you contact the Program Chair: Margarita Jara (margarita.jara
- Notifications of acceptance/rejection will be sent in late July.
- Authors may submit up to two abstracts, an individual and a joint one.
Submission Deadline for panels: June 15, 2021
Abstract Submission Deadline: June 15, 2021
Online Abstract Submission: http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/LASSO50
An individual must be a current LASSO member and be listed in the conference program member in order to present a paper. You may pay your dues online at: http://lassoling.org/dues_payment.html
or fill out a membership form available at: http://lassoling.org/membership_renewal_form.pdf
at the same time you register for the conference online. Membership includes a subscription to the International Journal of the Linguistic Association of the Southwest.
High School educators who wish to attend, and not present a paper, only need to pay the reduced conference dues, i.e. $35.
Page Updated: 28-Apr-2021