LINGUIST List 32.1486
Thu Apr 29 2021
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Yi-ching Su <icteap2021
3rd International Conference on Theoretical East Asian Psycholinguistics E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 3rd International Conference on Theoretical East Asian Psycholinguistics
Short Title: ICTEAP-3
Date: 20-Nov-2021 - 21-Nov-2021
Location: National Tsing Hua University, Hsin-chu, Taiwan, Taiwan
Contact Person: Yi-ching Su
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/view/icteap-3/home
Linguistic Field(s): Psycholinguistics
Call Deadline: 31-May-2021
The International Conference on Theoretical East Asian Psycholinguistics (ICTEAP) intends to promote dissemination of state-of-the-art findings in psycholinguistics, with emphasis on research that has cross-linguistic implications and empirical work that refers to East Asian languages, following the spirit of The Tokyo Conference on Psycholinguistics (TCP).
The Third International Conference on Theoretical East Asian Psycholinguistics (ICTEAP-3) will be held on November 20-21 at National Tsing Hua University in Hsin-chu, Taiwan.
- Yoonjung Kang (University of Toronto)
- Diane Lillo-Martin (University of Connecticut)
- Yukio Otsu (Keio University)
- Antonella Sorace (The University of Edinburgh)
- Stephen Crain (Macquarie University)
- Maria T. Guasti (University of Milan-Bicocca)
- Thomas H.-T. Lee (Tianjin Normal University / The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
Second Call for Papers:
The conference invites submissions of papers in any area of L1 and L2 acquisition, (bimodal) bilingual acquisition, language processing, and cognitive neuroscience of language, among others, as well as theoretical studies (in phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, or pragmatics) that have implications for “Plato’s Problem” (“How can we gain a rich linguistic system given our fragmentary and impoverished experience?”).
In addition to oral presentations, ICTEAP-3 will also feature a poster session. Abstracts for both oral and poster presentations should be written in English and limited to 500 words, with one extra page to include examples, references, tables and figures. Abstracts should be anonymous and in standard 12-point Times New Roman font, with margins of 1 inch. No more than one single-authored and one co-authored abstract will be considered. All abstracts will undergo a blind review process.
* NEW for 2021 We recognize that research has been interrupted due to COVID-19 in many, if not all labs around the world. For ICTEAP-3, we welcome submissions of both full/completed studies, as well as projects in earlier stages. For presenters who would like to solicit input regarding work in progress and/or planned work, the abstract will need to describe the motivation and design of the study, present pilot data, and discuss how potential outcomes would be interpreted. Abstracts should highlight the preliminary nature of the findings.
Abstracts should be submitted in PDF format via the EasyChair system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icteap3
Deadline for abstract submissions: May 31, 2021
Notification of acceptance: July 20, 2021
Page Updated: 29-Apr-2021