LINGUIST List 32.1517
Mon May 03 2021
Calls: Gen Ling, Morphology, Phonetics, Phonology/Online
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Lori Repetti <linguistics_epenthesis
Epenthesis and Beyond E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Epenthesis and Beyond
Date: 17-Sep-2021 - 19-Sep-2021
Location: Virtual (Stony Brook University), USA
Contact Person: Lori Repetti
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://www.stonybrook.edu/epenthesis
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Morphology; Phonetics; Phonology
Call Deadline: 18-Jun-2021
The study of epenthesis has recently received much attention, with implications for our understanding of language variation, processing, and change. It is our pleasure to announce that Stony Brook University is organizing a virtual workshop entitled “Epenthesis and Beyond” from September 17, 2021 to September 19, 2021. This workshop will provide a forum for scholars who approach epenthesis and other types of insertion from different perspectives to discuss new approaches to the phenomenon and engage in a productive exchange of ideas.
The keynote speakers include:
- Martine Grice (Universität zu Köln)
- Nancy Hall (California State University Long Beach)
- Jongho Jun (Seoul National University)
- Rebecca Morley (The Ohio State University)
- Hannah Sande (UC Berkeley)
- Peter Staroverov (Wayne State University)
Call for Papers:
We invite scholars to submit abstracts on any linguistic phenomenon related to epenthesis and segment/feature insertion. Contributions to the development of new perspectives on phonetic, phonological, and/or morphological analyses and theory are welcome. Abstract submissions will be considered for 20-minute talks (plus 10 minutes for discussion) and 5-minute blitz talks (followed by a general discussion session). Applicants should indicate on the submission form whether their abstracts are to be considered for a 20-minute talk, a 5-minute blitz talk, or both.
- Abstracts, including references and data, should not exceed two A4 or letter pages in length (including data, figures and references). They should have 1 inch (2.5 cm) margins on all sides and be set in Times New Roman with a font size no smaller than 11pt.
- Examples, tables, graphs, etc. should be interspersed in the text of the abstract, rather than collected at the end.
- The submission should be anonymous, and not reveal the identity of the authors in any way.
- Abstracts should be in English, and must be submitted in PDF format by June 18, 2021, 11:59pm ET.
Abstract submission link: https://forms.gle/3KCjhacqFn3gTK4LA
Submission deadline: June 18, 2021
Notification of decision: August 1, 2021
Epenthesis Workshop organizing committee:
Ji Yea Kim
For any inquiries, contact us at the conference e-mail: linguistics_epenthesis
Epenthesis Workshop website: https://www.stonybrook.edu/epenthesis
Page Updated: 03-May-2021