LINGUIST List 32.1636
Tue May 11 2021
Calls: Portuguese; Spanish; Applied Ling, Pragmatics, Socioling/USA
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Mara Barbosa <mara.barbosa
Third International Symposium on Language Attitudes toward Portuguese, Spanish and Related Languages E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Third International Symposium on Language Attitudes toward Portuguese, Spanish and Related Languages
Short Title: LATSPRL
Date: 21-Apr-2022 - 23-Apr-2022
Location: Corpus Christi, TX, USA
Contact Person: Mara Barbosa
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://cla.tamucc.edu/humanities/spanish/3rd-islatsprl.html
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Pragmatics; Sociolinguistics
Subject Language(s): Portuguese; Spanish
Call Deadline: 01-Oct-2021
The symposium will bring together scholars from a wide range of disciplines who are interested in sharing their expertise about linguistic attitudes and in discussing and comparing their empirical and theoretical findings. We aim to reach a synergy of perspectives and approaches that emphasize the role of language attitudes in the face of situations that emerge in intergroup encounters involving Spanish, Portuguese, related languages, and different linguistic practices.
Call for Papers:
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Language attitudes and ideologies
- Language attitudes and perceptions
- Language attitudes in education
- Language attitudes and borders
- Language attitudes and indigenous languages
- Language attitudes and language policy
- Language attitudes at the workplace
- Language attitudes and education policies
- Language attitudes and social justice
- Language attitudes towards standard and minoritized linguistic practices
- Language attitudes and identities
- Language attitudes and discrimination
- Language attitudes and language maintenance
- Language attitudes and social networks
- Language attitudes in the field of raciolinguistics
Official languages: English, Portuguese and Spanish
Abstracts should be submitted in .pdf format and should not exceed one page (1-inch margins, 12-point Times New Roman font), with a second page reserved for examples, tables, and references.
Submissions must be original and should not have been published previously or be under consideration for publication while being evaluated for this conference.
Submit your abstract between April 10, 2021, and October 1, 2021.
Online submission: Please, submit your abstract on our website.
For more information please email languageattitudes
Page Updated: 11-May-2021