LINGUIST List 32.1710
Mon May 17 2021
Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Product Design Analyst, Ethnic Technologies
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Amalia Tsiongas <amalia
Applied Linguistics: Product Design Analyst, Ethnic Technologies, New Jersey, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Ethnic Technologies
Department: Research and Product Development
Job Location: New Jersey, USA
Web Address: https://www.ethnictechnologies.com/
Job Title: Product Design Analyst
Job Rank: Other; Product Design Analyst
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Onomastics
Ethnic Technologies seeks a Product Design Analyst with a background/interest in Applied Onomastics to join the Research and Product Development Department.
- Classifying names by ethnicity
- Finding patterns within databases of names
- Analyzing large textual data sets
- Defining rules that will further classify patterns
Through this work, the Product Design Analyst continues to create and improve a suite of predictive demographic software products. The E-Tech products use first name, surname, and geographic intelligence to predict an individuals’ ethnicity, religion, language preference, and similar variables.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent required.
- The ideal candidate has a background in Linguistics, particularly in Onomastics.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with text pattern recognition
- Background in linguistics, particularly morphology
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with large databases
- Programming experience, especially in Python
- Fluency or competency in at least one foreign language
- Knowledge of American FactFinder
- Interest in Geography, Ancestry, History, Sociology, Demography, Culture, and People
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Self-driven and self-motivated
- Creative, puzzle-solver, solutions-oriented personality
Ethnic Technologies offers a competitive base salary with health benefits and a 401k program.
About the Company:
As the leader in multicultural marketing, research, data enhancement, segmentation, modeling and analytics, Ethnic Technologies is an established player in the direct marketing industry. The company provides the E-Tech suite of predictive demographic products, which rely on over 40 years of research into names and geographies.
Ethnic Technologies strives to learn about the world's cultures and languages through people's names. We aim to promote diversity and inclusivity in marketing by providing the highest quality multicultural marketing software and data. We believe valuable demographic insights will transform brand marketing and enhance culturally sensitive communication.
The Research and Product Development team is challenged with upgrading the full suite of predictive demographic products as well as conceptualizing and designing the new products that give Ethnic Technologies its market edge.
To apply, please submit as email attachments to the application email below:
- A brief cover letter describing your background and interest (not to exceed one page) and
- A resume. Do not submit an academic CV
Please name your attachments clearly with your own name and "cover letter" or "resume."
This is an in-person position, located in South Hackensack, NJ.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: amalia
Page Updated: 17-May-2021