LINGUIST List 32.1902
Wed Jun 02 2021
Jobs: Spanish; Applied Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Full Professor, Universität Innsbruck
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Paul Danler <Paul.Danler
Spanish; Applied Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Full Professor, Universität Innsbruck, Austria E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Universität Innsbruck
Department: Institut für Romanistik
Job Location: Tirol, Austria
Web Address: https://www.uibk.ac.at/romanistik/
Job Title: University Professor of Romance Linguistics
Job Rank: Full Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
It is a position in accordance with § 98 of the Austrian Universities’ Act and will be based on a civil-law employment contract with the University on the basis of the Salaried Employees Act. The contract will be concluded for an unlimited period; the extent of employment is 100%.
The chair-holder is to represent the subject of “Romance Linguistics” both in research and teaching with a focus on “Hispanic Linguistics”. Her/his main areas of research are in synchronic and applied linguistics.
Employment Requirements include:
- A degree in higher education in Austria or the equivalent abroad, pertinent to the position;
- Pertinent habilitation or comparable qualification for the position of a full professor;
- At least two distinctly visible key areas of research in the fields of synchronic linguistics of modern Spanish including the different varieties (also the Latin American ones); at least one of the key areas of research lies in the field of applied Hispanic linguistics (e.g. media linguistics, text linguistics, interaction research, corpus linguistics etc.); the key areas of research are evidenced by several relevant publications in peer-reviewed academic journals and/or with publishing houses with international reputation;
- Excellent language skills, both in Spanish and German (at least C1 in eac- and the ability and willingness to teach in Spanish;
- Evidence of involvement in international research;
- Experience in acquiring and managing external research funds;
- Relevant international experience;
- Very good teaching skills;
- Experience in supervising degree theses;
- Ability and willingness to promote junior researchers;
- Social competence and management skills;
- Willingness to actively participate in one or several of the Research Centers and doctoral programmes of the University of Innsbruck;
The following qualifications are desirable:
- A third key research area from synchronic Hispanic linguistics, theoretical or applied;
- Knowledge of Hispanic variational linguistics;
- Knowledge of diachronic Hispanic linguistics;
Your application must have arrived at the application mailing address or application email provided below by July 28th, 2021.
The University of Innsbruck is committed to increasing the percentage of female employees especially in leading positions and therefore explicitly invites women to apply. In the case of equivalent qualifications, women will be given preference.
In line with the Collective Bargaining Agreement professors are in remuneration group A 1, i.e., for a full-term professorship the basic salary is 5.321,70 Euro (14 times). Depending on qualification and experience a higher salary and facilities may be negotiated with the Rector. The university also offers additional benefits (http://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/
The application should include:
- A CV with a description of your scholarly and professional career;
- A list of scientific publications, lectures and other academic work and projects, including projects funded by third parties;
- A description of completed, current and intended research;
- The five most important publications (articles or book chapters).
All documents have to be submitted in digital form.
Up-to-date information on the state of the opening can be found at https://www.uibk.ac.at/fakultaeten-servicestelle/standorte/innrain52f/berufungen/
Application Deadline: 28-Jul-2021
Fakultäten Servicestelle Standort
Email Address for Applications: fss-innrain52f
Prof. Paul Danler
Page Updated: 02-Jun-2021