LINGUIST List 32.196
Wed Jan 13 2021
Support: Computational Linguistics: PhD, University of Gothenburg
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Stergios Chatzikyriakidis <stergios.chatzikyriakidis
Computational Linguistics: PhD, University of Gothenburg, Sweden E-mail this message to a friend
Department: Department of Philosophy, Linguistics and Theory of Science
Web Address: https://www.gu.se/en/flov
Institution/Organization: University of Gothenburg
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
The Centre for Linguistic Theory and Studies in Probability (CLASP) at the Department of Philosophy, Linguistics and Theory of Science at the University of Gothenburg offers a PhD position in Computational Linguistics. The successful candidate is expected to devote her or his time primarily to the completion of obligatory course work and to write a doctoral dissertation. He or she may, however, also undertake a limited amount of teaching, administration or research not directly connected to her or his dissertation topic. Such duties extend the position accordingly. As the position is funded in part by a research grant from the Swedish Research Council the successful candidate should write her or his doctoral thesis within one of the CLASP's core areas and the research should fit in within the research program of the centre. People working on one or more of this areas as well as their interface, are strongly encouraged to apply.
More specifically, people in CLASP are currently conducting research in linguistics and computational linguistics using ideas from the following research areas:
- Type Theory (or logics) and probability
- Machine Learning including Deep Learning and Neural Networks
- Theorem Proving and Bayesian Reasoning
- Formal Models of Dialogue and Linguistic Interaction
- Combining logical and Machine Learning/Deep Learning approaches
- Models combining language and perception
- Applicants with interests in these or related domains are encouraged to apply. The doctoral student is also expected to participate in the department's activities, such as workshops, seminars and conferences.
More info as well as a link to the application portal please visit the application link provided below.
Web Address for Applications: https://web103.reachmee.com/ext/I005/1035/job?site=7&lang=UK&validator=9b89bead79bb7258ad55c8d75228e5b7&job_id=18569
Professor Shalom Lappin
Page Updated: 13-Jan-2021