LINGUIST List 32.2057
Tue Jun 15 2021
Support: English; Syntax: PhD, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Britta Mondorf <mondorf
English; Syntax: PhD, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, Germany E-mail this message to a friend
Department: Department of English and Linguistics
Web Address: https://www.english-linguistics.uni-mainz.de/
Institution/Organization: Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
Specialty Areas: Syntax
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Faculty 05 – Philosophy und Philology - Department of English and Linguistics of Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz Academic staff member part-time (50%)
- Write a doctoral dissertation in the area of grammatical variation
- Teach in English Linguistics
- Scientific services and support of the professorship in research, teaching and administration
- Be able to function in a German-speaking working environment
- Take part in administrative work
In addition to the general requirements according to public services law, applicants must meet the recruitment requirements stipulated in § 57 of the Hochschulgesetz of Rhineland-Palatinate.
- A successfully completed university degree in English Linguistics
- Have studied synchronic and diachronic linguistics
- Have experience with corpus-based or experimental methods
- Have (near-)native speaker competence in English
What we have to offer:
- Jobticket, optional for the entire Rhine-Main area
- Extensive human resources development offer
- Flexible working time arrangements
The position is paid according to EG 12 / 13 TV-L and to be filled on 01-October 2021, limited to a period of 3 years with the option to renew the contract for another 3 years.
The position serves the purpose of academic qualification (doctorate).
JGU is diverse and welcomes qualified applications from people with varied backgrounds.
We aim to increase the number of women in the field of research and teaching and therefore encourage female researchers to apply.
Candidates with severe disabilities and appropriate qualifications will be given priority.
Please send your complete application as one pdf file (stating the identification number 10321-05-wiss-ml) by July 20th, 2021 at the latest to EnglishLinguistics
Professor Britt Mondorf
Page Updated: 15-Jun-2021