LINGUIST List 32.2112
Fri Jun 18 2021
Jobs: French; German, Swiss; Italian; Norwegian Bokmål; Russian: Consultant, M47 Labs & International Fiducia, S.L.
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Carla Torrijos <carla.torrijos
French; German, Swiss; Italian; Norwegian Bokmål; Russian: Consultant, M47 Labs & International Fiducia, S.L., Barcelona, Spain E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: M47 Labs & International Fiducia, S.L.
Department: Computational Linguistics
Job Location: Barcelona, Spain
Web Address: https://www.m47labs.com/
Job Title: Computational Linguist
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonology
Required Language(s): French (fra) German, Swiss (gsw) Italian (ita) Norwegian Bokmål (nob) Russian (rus)
M47 Labs is a fast growing Barcelona based tech company with a focus on providing outstanding international quality engineering and data and language analytics services. We may be a newer company, but our deep knowledge and strong industry experience allows us to work with top companies around the world.
We are growing our Computational Linguistics team for several languages to work on a cutting-edge Personal Voice Assistant software used by millions of users worldwide, with one of our major clients. We are looking for someone with native knowledge of one of the following languages: Italian (Italy and Switzerland), Russian, Bokmål (Norway), French (Belgium and Switzerland) or German (Switzerland).
In this temporary project you will be responsible for helping the Voice Assistant to understand and speak your native language, focusing on the phonetics and prosody of NLG and NLU, connecting humans and machines through seamless voice interaction.
- Evaluate, assess and monitor speech data in order to improve software quality and linguistic resources for speech recognition and speech synthesis.
- Create, update, review and correct phonetic transcriptions for speech dictionaries.
- Create and correct data for language modeling.
- Review tests and identify potential fixes.
What we offer:
- Temporary contract with the possibility to extend
- Central location in Barcelona in an amazing working space
- Relocation package if needed
- Office Perks
- Competitive salary based on candidate background and experience
- Private Medical Insurance
- Great international and young work environment
- Access to internal and external trainings
- Native speaker fluency in Italian (Italy and Switzerland), Russian, Bokmål (Norway), French (Belgium and Switzerland) or German (Switzerland).
- Excellent knowledge of structural aspects of the language (in particular phonology and phonetics)
- Up-to-date exposure to popular native culture and the ability to use that knowledge to improve the focus of your local market
- Ability to phonetically transcribe speech audio and verify existing phonetic transcriptions accurately through solid understanding of conventional phonetic notation such as IPA, SAMPA or CMU
- Comfortable with tools such as Bash and Grep
- Experience with one or more version control systems with a preference for Git
- Excellent English skills
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage priorities
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Experience working with large quantities of natural language data, lexical resources, corpora, Natural Language Processing algorithms and tools
- Knowledge of a programming language such as Python, Java, C or C++
- Experience in ASR (Automatic Speech Recognition) and TTS (Text to Speech)
- Experience using OS X or iOS software
University level (preferably Master's Degree) in Computational Linguistics, Speech Technologies, Philology, related fields, or equivalent experience.
*We encourage you to apply if you are native to one of the languages and have a strong Linguistic knowledge even if you lack experience on the NLP field as we are open to different levels of seniority*
Send us your CV in English to the application email provided below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: jobs
HR Recruiter Carla Torrijos
Page Updated: 18-Jun-2021