LINGUIST List 32.2150
Wed Jun 23 2021
Jobs: Korean; Language Acquisition: Post Doc, Chosun University
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Eon-Suk Ko <chosun.cds
Korean; Language Acquisition: Post Doc, Chosun University, Gwangju, South Korea E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Chosun University
Department: Child Language Lab
Job Location: Gwangju, Korea, South
Web Address: https://www.chosunbabylab.com/
Job Title: Postdoctoral position in Child Language Lab, Chosun University, Korea
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition
Required Language(s): Korean (kor)
Postdoctoral position in Child Language Lab, Chosun University, Korea
The Child Language Lab (PI: Eon-Suk Ko, Ph.D.) at Chosun University is looking to hire a postdoctoral scientist interested in the linguistic and cognitive development of infants. We are equipped to conduct infants’ behavioral studies based on eye-tracking, HPP, and the LENA system. The lab has accumulated about 4,000 hours of home language environmental recording as well as multimodal data including biosignals. We are looking to welcome someone who can play a leading role in the development of an integrative model of Korean infants’ cognitive and linguistic development and its applications. The postdoctoral researcher will have opportunities to engage in a diverse range of studies, including AI research, in collaboration with a domestic and international team of researchers. The position will also involve supervising/mentoring student research assistants.
Qualifications of an ideal candidate:
- A Ph.D. in Linguistics, Psychology, Communication Sciences or related fields
- Statistical, computational, and technical skills
- Experience with behavioral studies testing infants
- Resilience and ability to conduct research independently
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- A letter of interest and/or research statement showing enthusiasm and fit with the job description
- Current CV demonstrating academic training and research potential
- Names and contact information of three references
Timeline and other conditions:
- The position is available immediately, but the start date is flexible. Candidates who can start by September 1, 2021 will be preferred.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis beginning on June 30, 2021, until the position is filled.
- The initial appointment will be for a one-year term with the possibility of renewal for up to 5 years contingent on annual review.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and expertise.
All queries and documents should be sent to chosun.cds
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: chosun.cds
Page Updated: 23-Jun-2021