LINGUIST List 32.2186
Mon Jun 28 2021
Calls: Applied Ling, Forensic Ling/Online
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Daniel Leisser <daniel.leisser
4th International Legal Linguistics Workshop 2021 E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 4th International Legal Linguistics Workshop 2021
Short Title: ILLWS21
Date: 11-Dec-2021 - 11-Dec-2021
Location: Vienna / Online, Austria
Contact Person: Daniel Leisser
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://oegrl.com/index.php/de/veranstaltungen/
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Forensic Linguistics
Call Deadline: 01-Sep-2021
The fourth International Legal Linguistics Workshop (ILLWS21) will be organised by the Austrian Association for Legal Linguistics (AALL) as part of the 46th Austrian Linguistics Conference.
Call for Papers:
The focus of the workshop is legal linguistics. It will primarily address, but is not limited to, questions such as:
- How can theoretical and applied legal linguistics contribute to solving linguistic challenges in legal and business contexts?
- Which arenas of cooperation and conflict exist for lawyers and linguists?
- How can a multi-layered approach to discourse analysis be related to language practices in sensitive human rights contexts?
- Which impact does computational creativity and emotional artificial intelligence have on language use in the legal system?
- How can the study of metapragmatics in legal contexts contribute to identifying indexical and ideological phenomena?
- Which role do research associations play in the promotion and development of legal linguistics across the globe?
- Is legal linguistics undergoing a process of fragmentation in Europe?
- What are the effects of the SARS-CoV-2 (‘Corona’) outbreak on medico-legal communication? Which role do text trajectories play in emergency and intensive medical care settings?
- Can legal linguistics contribute to legal language teaching in law schools? If so, how?
Abstracts should be 200-300 words and should include 3-5 keywords and a selection of key references (3-5). Please also include information regarding the author(s), such as names and affiliations.
Submissions should be sent to daniel.leisser
oegrl.com and thomas.kronschlaeger
Deadline for submissions: 1 September 2021
Page Updated: 28-Jun-2021