LINGUIST List 32.2298
Wed Jul 07 2021
FYI: 2nd Call for LLA 2022 Special Issue Proposals on African Languages and Linguistics
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Yvonne Treis <llafrique
2nd Call for LLA 2022 Special Issue Proposals on African Languages and Linguistics E-mail this message to a friend
LLA: Linguistique et langues africaines
Double-blind peer-reviewed open access journal on African languages and linguistics
Linguistique et langues africaines (LLA: https://llacan.cnrs.fr/lla/index2.html
) invites proposals for a 2022 special issue (theme issue) reflecting high-quality research on any Africa-related linguistic topic covered by the journal.
LLA provides a forum for linguists working on the phonology, morphology, syntax, pragmatics and semantics of African languages. The main purpose of LLA is to enlarge our knowledge and understanding of the enormous linguistic diversity in Africa, much of which is still sparsely documented. Contributions to LLA are expected to be data-driven (e.g. primary data from fieldwork or other corpus data), and the discussion of theoretical issues is appreciated to the extent that it helps to elucidate the data and remains accessible to persons that are not specialists in the relevant theory. All major theoretical frameworks are equally welcome. We are also interested in historical-comparative, areal linguistic and ethnolinguistic contributions.
Proposals should contain (i) a description of the research topic and the research questions to be addressed; (ii) a list of prospective contributors + titles of papers + abstracts (max. 500 words); (iii) a short account of how the proposed contributions address the research questions; (iv) a proposed time line.
Please send proposals in a single pdf file to llafrique
cnrs.fr by 15 September 2021.
Proposals will be assessed by members of the editorial board and by (selected) members of the scientific advisory committee.
Selection of the special issue can be expected by 15 October 2021.
- Contributions can be written in English or French (other languages upon request).
- Maximum length of a special issue: 380,000 characters including spaces (= 175 pages in the format of our journal).
- The special issue should comprise an introduction by the guest-editor(s).
- Guest-editor(s) can be (co-)author(s) of one article.
- Contributions to special issues will be subject to the same reviewing procedure as regular submissions, that is double blind peer-review by two reviewers external to the issue (organized by the guest editors, except for their own contribution).
- Publication of the issue planned as 8(2) in the last quarter of 2022.
More information about the journal is available on our webpage: https://llacan.cnrs.fr/lla/index2.html
Please contact the LLA editors (llafrique
cnrs.fr) with any questions.
Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Morphology; Phonology; Semantics; Sociolinguistics; Syntax; Typology
Language Family(ies): Afroasiatic
Page Updated: 07-Jul-2021