LINGUIST List 32.2302
Wed Jul 07 2021
Calls: Applied Ling, Cog Sci, Comp Ling, Disc Analys, Lang Acq/Russia
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Svetlana Tischenko <conference.iiyamt
Language and Culture in the Era of Scientific Knowledge and Professional Education Integration E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Language and Culture in the Era of Scientific Knowledge and Professional Education Integration
Date: 14-Oct-2021 - 15-Oct-2021
Location: Pyatigorsk, Russia
Contact Person: Svetlana Tischenko
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Language Acquisition
Call Deadline: 14-Sep-2021
We are pleased to inform you that after the previous successful sessions of the International Conference “Language and Culture in the Era of Scientific Knowledge and Professional Education Integration” The Institute of Foreign Languages and International Tourism (Pyatigorsk State University, the Russian Federation) is proud to present the fifth edition of it.
The Conference is scheduled to be held from 14 to 15 October, 2021 at the Institute of Foreign Languages and International Tourism in Pyatigorsk State University. The main objectives of the Conference are as follows: to discuss the research experience in the sphere of linguodidactics and various branches of linguistics (semantics, syntax, pragmatics, discourse analysis); to look for the possible solutions to the current issues of pedagogical linguistics and cross-cultural communication; to highlight the importance of reviving endangered heritage languages; to re-evaluate scientific and professional knowledge fundamentals in the rapidly changing present-day world. We cordially invite you to come and join hands with us to make this event more worthy.
Form of participation: on-campus/ remote.
The Conference deliberations will be on the following themes:
1. Contemporary linguistic research from the perspective of cross-cultural and interpersonal communication:
- Issues of interpersonal and cross-cultural interaction under the impact of new reality
- Discoursology as a branch of communicative linguistics
- Pragmalinguistic studies into the aspects of text and discourse
2. Key functional aspects of language and culture in the context of globalization
- Issues of preservation and revitalization of minority languages and cultures
- Language as a means of expressing ethnicity and cultural identity
- Dynamics of migration and social tensions in linguistic perspective
3. Integration strategies in the development of foreign and domestic educational systems:
- Teaching foreign languages for specific purposes as a part international education programmes
- Problems and prospects of creating inclusive learning environment for the students with limited abilities
4. Key tasks of pedagogical linguistics within the trends of professionalization and digitalization in education:
- Linguacentric and anthropocentric paradigm in professional training
- Up-to-date methods and innovative technologies in foreign language teaching
- Language testing: current problems and possible solutions
- Foreign language teaching as a means of professional communication across cultures
- Effective teacher-student interaction under the circumstances of distant learning
- Teaching humanities in the era of digitalization and professionalization of education
5. Multipolarity of contemporary linguistic studies:
- Structural and semantic properties of lexical innovations and lexicon items in the languages for specific purposes
- Cognitive perspective in the research of language units
- Corpus and computer technologies in the research of linguistic facts
- Verbal cognitive activities in the focus of psycholinguistics
6. Cross-cultural communication in tourism industry
- Linguistic education as a development factor for incoming tourism
- Cross-cultural communication in the professional training for tourism and hospitality industry
- Immersion in cultural and historical background of world’s nations as a means of social partnership projects implementation
The Conference will examine research and development of the above listed issues both locally and internationally.
At the same time the event will not only incorporate extensive discussions, it will consist of additional workshops, guest speaker sessions and scintillating social events, that will help scholars and educators develop networks and transform their ideas into valid research projects.
Call for Papers:
Working languages of the conference: Russian, English.
Publication of the materials is planned in October, 2021.
Articles should be sent before 14 September 2021 to the following e-mail address: conference.iiyamt
pgu.ru with a mark «Conference 2021» in the field ''Subject''. Registration Form is enclosed in Appendix 1.
Materials for publication should be arranged according to the regulations presented in Appendix 2. Everyone attending the Conference is expected to register. Compliance is important to keep our fees affordable. Only those who register will be allowed to present papers, attend presentations and workshops. Registrants should wear their meeting badges at all times during the Conference.
Foreign participants are supposed to cover their travel expenses, accommodation, food, banquet and sightseeing tour. Accommodation (B&B) at nearby hotels estimates at €45-50 per night, while sightseeing tour will cost approx. €10-12, and banquet approx. €18-20. Please contact us with any questions or for additional information: conference.iiyamt
Conference Venue contact information:
Pyatigorsk State University (PSU)
9, Kalinina Avenue
Phones: +7(8793) 400-305
+7 (928) 351-83-83
+7 (961) 488-82-60
1. Name: Mr./Ms.
4. Scientific degree
6. Mail address (with the postal code)
7. Mobile phone number
9. Presentation at the Conference Yes/No
10. Article publication Yes/No
11. Conference section
12. Title of the article / presentation
13. Necessary technical equipment Yes/No
14. Planning master-class Yes/No
15. Hotel booking Yes/No
16. Type of hotel accommodation
17. Sightseeing tour Yes/No
18. Banquet Yes/No
Pages from 5 to 8 (about 1250-2000 words). The text format: WinWord. The page format: А4 (210х297mm). Left margin – 2 cm, upper margin – 2 cm, right margin– 2 cm, bottom margin – 2 cm. Font: size – 14; type – Times New Roman; space– 1,5. Justified alignment. Size range of drawings - 60x60 mm to 110x170mm (*jpg, *bmp). No page numbers, no page footnotes. Indent − 1 cm. Use in the text end-to-end footnotes in square brackets in the form of full
citation, e.g. [Chernigovskaya, 2021]. When using quotations you should indicate the page of the source, e.g. [Chernigovskaya, 2021: p. 31] or [Chernigovskaya, 2021: p. 31- 32] (number, page). References and endnotes are given at the end of the article under the title References (bold italics, centre alignment) and are made according to the order of mentioning in the article (not alphabetically).
The organizing committee reserves the right to review the articles and reject or return them if they require further elaboration. The authors are informed within 15 days after the article has been submitted.
St. Ann’s College, Hyderabad, India
MANAGEMENT IN TOURISM
1. Jacob M., Strutt P. English for International Tourism. Addison Wesley
Longman Limited, 2007.127 p.
Page Updated: 07-Jul-2021