LINGUIST List 32.2312
Thu Jul 08 2021
Jobs: English; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Pragmatics; Semantics; Syntax: Consultant, TELUS International
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Sari Rantanen <jobs.ai
English; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Pragmatics; Semantics; Syntax: Consultant, TELUS International E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: TELUS International
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://www.telusinternational.com/
Job Title: Linguist
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Pragmatics; Semantics; Syntax
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Work Location: Remote / Work from home
Work Schedule: Full-time
Languages Needed: English US
Job Status: Freelance
Job Duration: 10 weeks
Start Date: ASAP
TELUS International is looking for annotators with a strong background in generative linguistics to work on an annotation project. The ideal candidate has prior experience with syntactic categorization using X-bar theory, semantic annotation of anaphora and coreference as well as knowledge of presupposition and implicature.
- Named entity and dialogue act annotation
- Participating in weekly meetings
- University degree (bachelor’s, master’s or PhD) in Linguistics.
- Idiomatic fluency in English US.
- Experience in at least 3 of the following 4 topics: Syntax, Semantics, Pragmatics, Discourse Analysis.
- Experience with generative grammar, syntactic trees, anaphora, presupposition and implicature is preferred.
- Passion for annotation, evaluation, and data quality work.
- Ability to work partially on PST hours.
To Apply for the Position:
Send us your complete Resume/CV in English to the application email provided below.
Application Deadline: 07-Aug-2021
Email Address for Applications: jobs.ai
Resourcing Specialist Sari Rantanen
Page Updated: 08-Jul-2021